GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken the Rear console option for 2008 model ? If so, I'd appreciate some pics as I try to decide whether the console is worth it vs going w/o it

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I might be wrong, but I don't think its available yet. The order guide says "Available Fall 2007". We weren't able to order it for our 08.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was at the dealership on Friday and it was not available yet either.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just curious...why a rear console? It would defeat the purpose of why we want the captains chairs in the first place - for my kids to have easy access to the 3rd row. Little kids cannot slide the seat no matter how easy it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree with you completely about the center console. It defeats the purpose of the captain's chairs. However, my 6 year old can slide the seats, but he has been warned NOT to do it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The extra storage seems to be well worth it for $250. We don't really have to have access to 3rd row all the time since only there are 4 in the family. As such, makes sense to store the kids stuff in second row storage....Headphones et al. Plus, I'm guessing I can easily remove it if/when we do not need it

·
Registered
389 Posts
Good reasons. I only have two right now as well but we have friends or cousins often enough that it would not be worth it to me. It would sit in my garage most of the time getting filthy.

·
Registered
468 Posts
jag99xk8 said:
Plus, I'm guessing I can easily remove it if/when we do not need it
I do not think it is removable is it?? I know it folds to allow a flat floor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can order the 2nd console as it is in the order system. However, your order will be in a "placed" mode (2000) and will not go forward until the option is available in the fall. This is what I have done (placed the order) and the dealer tells me that I am price protected at present MSRP. I will wait for it 'cause I have no kids to worry about and the DK1 console finishes off the 2nd seat area (IMO) and allows for a completly flat area when the seats are folded down. You can see how this looks on the Buick Enclave if you do a search for it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw a center console between the captain's chairs in a Buick Enclave commercial on TV last night.. perhaps there are pictures of it in an Enclave available?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just adding this because I haven't seen anyone mention it..

I read elsewhere in another discussion that ordering this option (center console) will result in receiving captains chairs with no inboard armrests. This is a factory install - not a dealer install. So.. in case you wondered, there is not going to be a way to add the console to a 2007 or 2008 made without the console originally.

·
Registered
14 Posts
gbshuler said:
Just adding this because I haven't seen anyone mention it..

I read elsewhere in another discussion that ordering this option (center console) will result in receiving captains chairs with no inboard armrests. This is a factory install - not a dealer install. So.. in case you wondered, there is not going to be a way to add the console to a 2007 or 2008 made without the console originally.
Just looked at the 360 degree interior view of the Enclave at the Buick site. It shows a center console in the second row. The second row captains seats did not have inboard armrests but the center console was tall enough to use as an arm rest.

·
Registered
87 Posts
BigOwl said:
Just looked at the 360 degree interior view of the Enclave at the Buick site. It shows a center console in the second row. The second row captains seats did not have inboard armrests but the center console was tall enough to use as an arm rest.
Yep. It wasn't obvious to me that this has to be a factory install. I figured the dealership could just add it like anything else -- you know drop it in there. Nope. It changes how the car is made. I'm not complaining -- just pointing this out. If the center console is important to you - don't order until the dealer can put it on the order -- i.e. don't let the salesman tell you its a dealer install.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Who knows, maybe some enterprising company will come up with an aftermarket console that can be installed with the chairs that have armrests.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Maybe the console has some special feature that has not been revealed?

If it was just bolted in I do not think it would be taking this long?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The console issue has been discussed quite a bit on the Enclave forum. The delay in bringing this to market was apparently due to having to redesign it at the last minute. Reports were that it was transmitting too much noise into the cabin.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer has given me the following information ...

Acadia Updates...

2nd Row Console Production... Orders for the 2nd Role Console (DK1) will be accepted beginning September 27th for production beginning the week of October 22nd.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts