GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE 2007 ACADIA CAME WITH A PIGTAIL THAT MADE IT EASY TO INSTALL A AFTER MARKET HITCH. WHAT HAPPEN TO THE PIGTAIL ON 2008 MODELS.I HAD THE DEALER ACTIVATE THE PIGTAIL UNDER WARRANTY ON MY 2007 BUT I WAS SUPRISE THAT IT IS NOT THERE ON THE 2008

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
The pigtal on the 2008 is above the rear wheel well on the passenger side.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Is the pigtail behind the plastic in the wheel well???

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks that does help, now another question, are there any relays that you have to put in the fuse box to use the pigtail?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have not done it myself yet. I bought the car in Sept 2007 and don't plan on adding towing until this summer if at all. So I only know that I have seen threads about a TSB that is out that details every step of what needs done. You should be able to go to your dealer and tell them you want the TSB done that makes the 7 pin wires all active and correctly wired.

Anyone else know the details about the TSB for this??

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Okay everybody, I took my 08 Acadia in to the dealership today because the stupid fuse box under the hood does not have the metal tabs in the fuse block to put the relays in to activate the towing pigtail under the rear of the vehicle. Guess what???? GM is no longer fixing this under warranty due to them changing the wording in the owners manual about towing without a towing package. This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Why even have the pigtail under the vehicle if you cant activate it with out spending big bucks at the dealer on a new fuse block and having it installed?????? I called GM customer service and am waiting for a phone call about this....... If you buy an 08 Acadia and you want to tow make sure it has the package because adding it later is nothing but a big headache.....

·
Registered
104 Posts
We didn't get the tow package on our '07, but i added the hitch, harness and swapped out the fuse panel. I tried to get the dealership to do it, but they said no. At least, since i know the service manager he got the fuse panel at his cost for me. I look at it this way, at least i have a lot of spare fuses and relays now. The fuse panel is fairly easy to change.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I just dont think that it is right for GM to put a fuse block in a vehicle without the ability to make the wiring harness that comes factory with the vehicle active. If it was a cost saving thing then why spend the money to put the wiring harness all the way to the rear of the car. Also I dont see how making three different versions of fuse blocks for one car is saving money. You would think that just making one would be the most cost effective. Someone at GM needs to wake up. I have owned nothing but GM vehicles since I started driving but if they are going to continue to do things like this and not fix them for people then I guess I will have to find a new manufacturer. And the domestic manufacturers wonder why so many people buy foreign.........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts