1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, from what we know, here are some additions to the 2008 Acadia

1) New color...BLACK! Finally!
2) Back-up Camera
3) New Denali version with V8 optional/ Cylinder deactivation?
4) Articulating head lamps on Denali?

Anyone else have something to add?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Where do we know that there is a 2008 Acadia Denali? I haven;t seen that anywhere. The only 2008 we have firm info on is the Enclave, and a V8 is not an option.

Rear camera is probably a given, it was supposed to be on the 2007.

·
Registered
382 Posts
As to the V8 in the 2008 Acadia, I just do not think that is going to be much of an engine compartment! The V6 pretty much fills it up as it is-service on a V8 is going to be a bear.
I am a V8 nut for sure (bigger the better) but I had GM 3800 V6's on a variety of cars and was completely happy with them and have hopes this new 3.6 will be even better on a long term basis-for the Acadia style vehicles, if one needs a V8, there are tons of Tahoes and Yukons sitting on dealer lots!

·
Registered
75 Posts
just curious...so where is all this info coming from?? ??? ???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BurgundyGold said:
just curious...so where is all this info coming from?? ??? ???
1) and 2) were taken from the Acadia Forums

3) The Acadia Denali V8 is from the internet...i think popular mechanics or popular Science

4) pure speculations....since the enclave has it i guess the Acadia could too...

·
Registered
403 Posts
My concern, was ordering a 2007 and having it come in 4-6 weeks (I hope) and then the 2008's coming out in August with major upgrades. The salespeople I talked to at multiple dealers stated there may be minor changes (backup camera, they were aware of the black changes, etc.) but that there would not be major changes for the 2008's, due to the need to retool the factories. The body style is set, the seats are set, the engine is set (unless there is a Denali version, with a V8, turbo, etc.) Enclave will push production back on the 2008's if there is success, I would guess.

Bottom line for me, I couldn't wait until third or fourth quarter and in my mind, if I was GM, with the success of the vehicle, I'd jack up prices a bit. Just me 2 cents.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am interested in getting the Acadia in another year and I am wondering if it will offer the back up camera option? It is really useful when I parallel park or just back up in my Ridgeline and since the Acadia is also a big vehicle it is a must.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't think the prices will be jacked up too much though. The car is inline with the CX-9, the Outlook sales are not outstanding as the Acadia are, and the Enclave needs to be introduced.

I think that GM will do all they can to keep the starting price of the Outlook and Acadia under $30k. The SLT1 may go to more like $34-35, with the SLT2 going to $39-40k-- but that will take some time I think, maybe two model years.

And I really don't think there will be Denali V8 for 08. The Acadia will already encroach on the Envoy sales, and there is at least 1 year to go on the Envoy, I doubt they will crowd that more with the Denali version right now. I would expect it to be 09.

We were happy to get the top trim now, wanted the economy of the V6. We could stretch to do a Denali, but we really don't want to spend more than $40k on a car.

Also, I do wonder about the V8. For the folks with transverse mounted V8s for FWD, is torque steer still a big issue? I recall on my mom's 86 DeVille, having that strong pull to the left under heavy accelleration. I wouldn't really want that again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here's another one

Power tilt and telescopic steering column......some member said it is in the Acadia owners manual....so it might be an option for next year....

really useful with the memory seats....

Power pedals too mabey?

·
Registered
468 Posts
evoman said:
here's another one

Power tilt and telescopic steering column......some member said it is in the Acadia owners manual....so it might be an option for next year....
Might be added for 08, who knows. It is an option on the Enclave so maybe that is how it ended up in the manual.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
1) New Color: Black - We have it on fairly good authority (JimDandy) that Carbon Metallic will be replaced by "Carbon Black Metallic" for the 08 Acadias. Exactly what that color will be is anyone's guess, it it's safe to say much closer to pure black than our CM.

2) Backup Cam - It's a given that this is an option on the 08 Enclave, which means it's technically feasible for it to be an 08 Acadia option as well (with the prerequisites of SLT2 and NAV, of course), but they could keep that as an Enclave specific option the first year as well, to give it some distinction. Complete speculation at this point.

3) Denali Version - Even according to the ONE source of all internet denali rumors, the PM article (paragraph?) listed above, they are claiming a 2009 model. I think it's fair to say there's almost ZERO chance of an 08 Acadia Denali.

4) No reason to speculate on options that may or may not show up in a vehicle that may or may not debut in 2009. Far too early to even make an educated guess.

Bottom line - changes to 08 = new color (Carbon Black Metallic), dropped color (Carbon Metallic) and the distinct possibility of a backup camera option. I'm pretty sure that's what we "know" right now.

·
Registered
468 Posts
admin said:
1) New Color: Black - We have it on fairly good authority (JimDandy) that Carbon Metallic will be replaced by "Carbon Black Metallic" for the 08 Acadias. Exactly what that color will be is anyone's guess, it it's safe to say much closer to pure black than our CM.
I need to check my Enclave manual when I get home but I seem to recall that there was a dark black color option. I don't recall what they called it. I also wouldn't want black so I did not pay attention, but my guess is that this will be the 08 Acadia black color.

·
Registered
405 Posts
mitchl said:
We were happy to get the top trim now, wanted the economy of the V6. We could stretch to do a Denali, but we really don't want to spend more than $40k on a car.

Also, I do wonder about the V8. For the folks with transverse mounted V8s for FWD, is torque steer still a big issue? I recall on my mom's 86 DeVille, having that strong pull to the left under heavy accelleration. I wouldn't really want that again.
my father has a 1998 Cadillac Deville with a front wheel drive north star v-8 and i have driven it and tested it to see what it could do (north star blows me away) and i had no pull what so ever when i floored it from a stop the car took off like a rocket and no pull what so ever. I really wish that they put a north star in the acadia and buick. Our north star, a big 300 hp v-8 gets 19 city and driving on trips we average 28 mpg. it is a very fuel effecient car and this is according to the DIC. But the only draw back is that it MUST take premo fuel or it wont burn it. they even have it perminatly written on the dic.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
any more speculation, or anyone with some inside info??? I heard that 2008 will start production in mid april so probably most changes will be minor

·
Registered
269 Posts
evoman said:

really useful with the memory seats....

Power pedals too mabey?
I suppose it would be nice. Our Jeep GC has power pedals on the memory settings, and we thought we might miss that on the Acadia, but it really hasn't been an issue. With a wider range of movement on the seats, my 5'2 wife and I (6') have our settings in memory now and the seat to pedals is just fine for both.

The power tilt and telescope on the steering wheel isn't missed. I set it for me the first day, and my wife adjusted it to her comfort, and it is just fine for both now.

The only adjustment we do is on the rear view mirror. Does anybody make a power adjusting rearview mirror attached to memory-- probably only BMW or Mercedes I would imagine.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've had the power adjustable pedals on my last 2 Fords, but pretty useless, have never adjusted them. I imagine if one were extremely tall or short would be useful, but otherwise not much good :eek:hno:

·
Registered
246 Posts
luvmyacadia said:
I must have missed something somewhere along the way. What are 'power pedals' or 'power adjustable pedals'?
Power adjustable pedals simply adjust the height of the pedals so that people with very short (or very long I would guess)
legs can reach the pedals comfortably without just using their toes to reach the pedals. I think the original logic behind
it was to allow people who had short legs to adjust the pedals so that their entire foot is resting on the brake pedal in
particular, rather than just their toe, which would have more likelyhood of accidently slipping off the pedal at a critical
moment, like during a sudden stop.

I don't find that they are as necessary anymore with the newer seats having more adjustments, particularly the up/down
adjustments, but ymmv. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.