GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 2008 Acadia......Initial photos......follow my 2 month upgrades

I will be doing the following upgrades/mods:
Trailer hitch....tow package was not included, so I am getting a receiver put on to put my bike rack on it.
H&R springs to lower it 1.4 inches
Romik bull Bar and Runningboards
GMC Acadia E&G CLASSICS® Fine Mesh Upper & Lower Grille / Grill
Floor mats, luggage crossrails
Window tinting
Clear 3M front Clear Bra
Some small things.....

Other mods include New wheels, Radio, and rain sensing wipers.
I am going to post photos as I go along, and some howto's for my own installations.

·
Registered
200 Posts

Bee-u-tiful. Love the Carbon Black, one of my color finalists. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

1st upgrade is a Romik Bull Bar. I have some install tips in another thread. Not a great photo, but I'll add some more when I get the running boards on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the E& G grill set. Easy to install and straightforward. Don't drop any of the nuts or washers behind the OEM grill.....very important.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Romik running boards. No thanks to UPS ......dented both the chrome tubes. I may have to take them off and send them back...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Would it be possible to get a full side picture now. Like the one in your driveway with the full vehicle before the changes.. I am interested in the running boards. I saw them somewhere before, but I do not remember where. Wondered how they would look. Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'll get it after work today, it was dark when I finished working on it last night. I'm actualy letting my wife drive it today. I have to drive her minivan :sosad:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
before:

after:

black GMC

trailer hitch with University of Miami logo, and black GMC logo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very, very nice before and after. :thumb: To me those are just the right touches. Still looks classy yet sporty. I really like the look of the side step. It is like a nerf bar slash running board. Real sharp and will work well with the kids. You have everything on there that I would eventually like. Now I just have to picture it on my Summit White. Thanks for taking the time!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
LOVE the running boards! Front end: Bull Bar presents heavy front end appearance and takes away the clean look that I like, IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
a,
Good pictures & that is a lot of work! Is the lift yours? One of those is on my garage wish list!

What radio are you going to put in there & will you lose any functions by doing so? You can probably offset most/all of the cost by selling that nav unit. I just got a one month old Pioneer F900BT (has nav & bluetooth built in, Ipod control via USB cable) for another vehicle for $620 shipped w/ the Ipod cable.

Are you going to do the clear bra yourself or is there a shop in your area that can do so? If so, any idea on the cost?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually, afater seeing what is offered aftermarket, I have decided to keep the head unit. There are some good products to clean up the output, so I can use aftermarket amps and speakers. (JLn cleansweep, and Peripheral pch-8).
It is a four post lift that I bought in Indy.
I have a guy in Indy at tint king going to put the clear 3m bra on. He has 14 years of experience. Not sure of the final cost, but it's not cheap. I've washed the car twice in the first week because of the front end that picks up bugs like a magnet.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Nice, I really like those accessories! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
['ve washed the car twice in the first week because of the front end that picks up bugs like a magnet.

If you go to autogeek, Pinnacle makes a nice yellow brick that removes bugs very easily. I keep a bucket of soft water with car wash shampoo in the garage and use Pinnacles bug brick every evening after coming home from work. I drive the farm country roads 5 days a week. You talk about BUGS!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
a_ratcliffe said:
Here is the E& G grill set. Easy to install and straightforward. Don't drop any of the nuts or washers behind the OEM grill.....very important.
Bro! Those upgrades are sweeeeet!!! I think you sold me on the mesh grill, seriously. Do you guys think it will go well with the White Diamond? One question, though. Is the grill actual stainless steel, or is it a plastic chrome like the cheesy factory grill on my friends Tahoe LTZ? Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it's stainless.
I saw another gmc truck, white with the stainless grill, and it looked sharp.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts