GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having a problem with their middle row seat releasing and popping up on its own? The back of the seat remains intact while the cushion releases like a catapult. This has happened while my 4 yr old has been in his booster seats as well as overnight while its sits in my driveway. I even purchased a new car seat and it is still happening. Help!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I haven't had that problem and I wouldn't think a new car seat would fix that. It seems to me that the release handle is having an issue; I am guessing that you have 8 passenger seating

·
Super Moderator
22,609 Posts
I searched the forum and couldn't find anything like the situation you describe. jsimms guessed you have 8-passenger seating. Is that correct?

A quick fix would be to check and see that no foreign material has been dropped into the latch that might keep it from operating properly. This might be a two-sided mechanism so be sure to check both sides. Remember to check release handle area as well. Remove any debris you might find.

If you don't find any foreign matter, try pushing the cushion back down and pulling back up on it? If the seat unlatches, the latching mechanism could use adjustment or replacement. Hopefully it's a simple fix and doesn't require replacing the entire seat.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wow that is scary. I have an 08 and have not seen that. I'd take it in ASAP. Do both seats do it or just one?

·
Super Moderator
22,609 Posts
crzymama, you didn't by any chance purchase an Acadia with the optional "James Bond" ejection seat, did you? ;D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am currently dealing with the same issue.

The first time I took it to my dealership, they had no clue what I was talking about so I had to show them a picture I took with my cell phone. They tinkered around with it a bit, then decided that the seat simply wasn't in place as it should be and said it was fixed.

Two days later it popped up again as we were driving down the road. I thought maybe it was a fluke and it wouldn't do it again.

Two days later it popped up again and flung my daughters booster into the back of my seat. Thank goodness she wasn't in it.

I took it back into the dealership today, with it left popped up so they could REALLY see it. They were all stunned. The Service Manager had no idea what to do. The shop Foreman was the one who had looked at it before so he was unsure of what to do now. The guy who worked on it today lubed up all the coils, hinges and latches. He said that if it happens again he will call GM and see about a new seat or what they would suggest.

I will be calling the larger dealership in the next town over in the morning to see if they have seen any cases like mine. This is highly dangerous as it happens when I am driving down the road! But there have been a couple times when I have come out in the morning to take my daughter to school and the seat is popped up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Are we talking about bench or captains' seats?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I've had the bottom pop up on the 2nd row captain's chairs once or twice before, but it was only because I hadn't pushed them down all the way when I put the seats back into position.

You'd think instead of being baffled at the dealership, they'd just order you a new bench seat! WTH? Obviously something is funky with the one you have now.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:( Just took my Enclave in today for this same issue, the 2nd row bench left side (60 portion) does not stay latched, so the seat bottom flips up, and the seat slides forward. Dealer says they've "never had this before with any of the sliding seats". I find that hard to believe with ALL the Acadias and Enclaves from their dealership, there's not ONE that has done this. I'll keep you all posted. This is only my second problem in over a year's time, and a little over 7300 miles. (other problem was a taillight with water in the lens, they replaced the whole right side taillight unit) Has either of the above posters had further problems with yours?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:banghead: Good news, bad news.....got the Enclave back, and stupid me....I didn't test the seat out while I was there....assumed it was all good, and now the seat is latched just fine, but when you pull on the lever to tilt and slide the seat forward, it just goes down, just like the loop control for putting the seat back down....what the heck? Don't they KNOW how those seats work, it's obviously hooked up wrong....but good news is, my wife is off work again tomorrow, so this so far hasn't been that inconvienient, just glad our dealer is in town. Also, at least the seat is latched, so we can use it tonight. Oh...LOL...and the other good news is, now while I'm down there tomorrow, I'll have a little time to check out the new LaCrosse. (and...I saw a GMC Terrain there in one of the bays, but it may have just come in...didn't know they were out yet)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Quick update: Our whole seat needs to be taken out of the vehicle and repaired. They think there's a part(s) that have broken, and need repair/replacing. They ordered parts, and say when the parts are there, 2 days or so it will take to repair. We now need to figure out when we can be without the ride for a couple days. OR, we could let them take the seat out, and then have the vehicle without the rear 60 portion of the middle row...not sure if I want to do that. Two thumbs up for my service staff at the dealer, they are really being helpful, and trying to make this as painless as possible...so that's the good news part. ;D

Just an FYI: While I as at my Buick dealer this morning I looked at a 2010 Enclave in the showroom. Could not find any other decontenting, but I was looking at a CXL, which had more stuff than ours anyway. As for the rear cargo area, the new plastic trim looks fine, although I still like ours with the little silver trim inlay. I also looked at the new lid for the under floor storage in the rear, and I think the new design is cheaper looking, and doesn't operate quite as easily, since the left side has a little "wing" that folds up as you open the lid, so it rubs on the left side, will this last? Who knows, but I'm fine with the 08-09 design of the lid. Center stack looks the same as the 09's.

Side note....I looked at both a 2010 LaCrosse today, as well as a 2010 GMC Terrain...both nice, but couldn't really look at the Terrain that close, it was a sold unit, our salesperson let us look at it, but couldn't get in it. It's very "square" looking on the outside, something to get used to I guess. As for the LaCrosse....NO straight lines anywhere on that car, it was beautiful, inside and out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts