GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed an order for a 2008 Acadia and I was told that the order was picked up on Tuesday. They told me that they should know the build date sometime next week but I was curious to know from anyone that has recently placed an order how long it will take to get to my dealer? We are in Ohio so once it is on the carrier it should be here quickly. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am on my second acadia order now, and It should be built about two weeks after the order is picked up, this is how my last one 7 weeks was and am told it is the same now. So however long it takes to ship after that. Mine got picked up on Tuesday as well I was told to expect it at the end of the month. It's about 1.5-2 weeks in shipping for me since it goes by rail to Minneapolis then on truck back to WI.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered 2/1 and picked it up from the dealer on 3/25 . I think the build date was 3/12 and it was shipped by rail to VA.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
skibum69 said:
I am on my second acadia order now,
Like it so much you got a second one? :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
bonk1313 said:
skibum69 said:
I only wish, the dealer ordered the wrong color and didn't realize it until it showed up. So they had to order me another one since I didn't want gold mist.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
skibum69 said:
bonk1313 said:
skibum69 said:
I only wish, the dealer ordered the wrong color and didn't realize it until it showed up. So they had to order me another one since I didn't want gold mist.
thats right now i remember!

·
Registered
96 Posts
22 days for me, but the dealer had an existing order slot he had submitted and still had 48 hours in which to change the details of his pre-exisiting order to my car details.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just found out that it will be built the week of April 21. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Did the dealer provide you with the status order date? I will have to convince my dealer to give me the updated status code, I think my Acadia will be built some time this month as well. I am guessing on a mid/late May delivery for my Acadia.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Placed order 2/25. Still in code 3000 with no build date. I'm guessing they're not going to make the 8 weeks that the salesman told me.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
That's is why I chose my existing dealer over another dealer that was offering invoice price, because the dealer I went with gave me a dealer allocation that was pending 1100 that they converted for my color/options.

If I didn't do this, I would be waiting 12+ weeks vs. the expected 8 weeks. We'll shall see if my decision worked in my favor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered mine on Febuary 27th and it arrived April 6th.... Looking forward to joining the group... Picking it up tomorrow

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Fierr said:
I ordered mine on Febuary 27th and it arrived April 6th.... Looking forward to joining the group... Picking it up tomorrow
Welcome and congrats. Don't forget to update your signature.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts