GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to this phone so please my apologies if I'm posting in the wrong area. I have a 2008 GMC Acadia SLT all all power options I believe there is. I'm having a problem with the blinkers I've read up on the farms and they all talk about rapid blinkers and like that my problem is my blinkers don't even come on outside or inside on the instrument cluster hazard lights work blinkers do not come on left or right any assistance would be appreciated I'm trying to give this car to my son thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello I'm new to this phone so please my apologies if I'm posting in the wrong area. I have a 2008 GMC Acadia SLT all all power options I believe there is. I'm having a problem with the blinkers I've read up on the farms and they all talk about rapid blinkers and like that my problem is my blinkers don't even come on outside or inside on the instrument cluster hazard lights work blinkers do not come on left or right any assistance would be appreciated I'm trying to give this car to my son thank you
Sorry about the text to speech couple of words got mixed up thank you

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
First thing to do is check the turn signal fuses. You'll find the fuses' positions in your owner's manual. If the fuses are good, check to make sure there's power running through each circuit when the turn signal switch is in position. You'll need a multi-meter or test light to do that. No power might mean there's a bad connection somewhere - like at the fuse box itself or inside the switch. Anything beyond that will require more sophisticated electrical trouble-shooting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello please follow thank you for such a quick reply I wasn't expecting it thank you very much on the fuses yes we checked the fuses is actually on the left turn signal fuse in a right turn signal fuse the fuses appear to be good my mechanic was saying maybe it could be the BCM but then he said maybe the switch itself which one would you suggest that I check first to replaceI just went to the local junk yard that had a 2008 Acadia and somebody already took the BCM out of the front dashboard but the turn signal indicator is there but I was wondering and hoping I could get some feedback before I went out and bought the turn cell signal indicator and then it need to be to BCM any help would be helpful thank you very much once again for such a quick reply

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
You didn't say anything about an inspection of other electrical connections. Sometimes, the fuse box connectors can get corroded and cleaning them will solve the problem. Have your mechanic do that before he just starts throwing parts at the car hoping that one of them works.

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
You should quit using talk-to-text, or learn how to add punctuation to your sentences. LOL Your posts are very difficult to follow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
You know this was my first time using this forum yes maybe I made a mistake to use speech to text.. I did not know that15 years at Harvard was a requirement to post here..just asked a question about a blinker...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let me ask you this please? why should a member have to put up with crap from s-heads like "DIVITDUG" posting useless remarks !?????? I see you edited my post towards DIVITDUG,did you take any actions towards him ?? After all you are a super moderator right? Or is this commen forum practice for DIVITDUG to be a idiot on acadiaforum.net.? I'm a brand new member and the first time using this site have to put up with that crap from DIVITDUG! What recourse did you for DIVITDUG????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So that's it he gets to be an arrogant rude SOB just because he didn't have coffee I hate to be in his household I think you should do something other than just come up with that explanation I mean you are super moderate you are supposed to keep in contact and make sure everything goes well correct? does that include not having members put stupid remarks put on? if not then why did you edit my post my posting wasn't stupid remarks it was remarks on a posting of a stupid remark please you're supposed to be the super moderator why don't you get in touch with Divitdug and tell him stop posting stupid remarks. let me know what your actions are to do with that other than nothing unless he is a super member on top of the super moderator and a super moderator cannot enforce any of the rules of the website for members that haven't had their coffee yet. This is my first GMC Acadia I thought I had a good form here but apparently members control more than moderators I think I'll try Chevy traverse for a Saturn Outlook farm Buick enclave forum the basically all the same car I did my research let me know what you come up with where do I get to stay on Acadia but I would like to know what you did to give a dog so he doesn't have to post stupid remarks to anybody else like I said I didn't know he was a professor what's the weather and has all of the intelligence out of everybody in the whole world is the number one person who has super intelligence 😂😂😂

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
So that's it he gets to be an arrogant rude SOB just because he didn't have coffee I hate to be in his household I think you should do something other than just come up with that explanation I mean you are super moderate you are supposed to keep in contact and make sure everything goes well correct? does that include not having members put stupid remarks put on? if not then why did you edit my post my posting wasn't stupid remarks it was remarks on a posting of a stupid remark please you're supposed to be the super moderator why don't you get in touch with Divitdug and tell him stop posting stupid remarks. let me know what your actions are to do with that other than nothing unless he is a super member on top of the super moderator and a super moderator cannot enforce any of the rules of the website for members that haven't had their coffee yet. This is my first GMC Acadia I thought I had a good form here but apparently members control more than moderators I think I'll try Chevy traverse for a Saturn Outlook farm Buick enclave forum the basically all the same car I did my research let me know what you come up with where do I get to stay on Acadia but I would like to know what you did to give a dog so he doesn't have to post stupid remarks to anybody else like I said I didn't know he was a professor what's the weather and has all of the intelligence out of everybody in the whole world is the number one person who has super intelligence 😂😂😂
Your post will most likely generate more responses with punctuation and paragraph breaks.

Of course calling others names is a good way to make your tenure here short term.

And what the heck is the Saturn Outlook farm? Didn't realize they were grown on a farm, thought they were manufactured in Michigan.. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had a 2008 GMC Acadia for a few years.
During the short time it ran well, we LOVED that vehicle...unfortunately, a long list of disappointing repairs...around $10K in repairs when we gave it up.

There is a known issue with a seal in the front passenger wheel well area...it causes water to get in and corrode the wiring.

In the front passenger foot area, remove the kick panel on right - just do a visual inspection of the multiple wiring harness connections in that area. Leave a repair to the experts.

Ours was so bad, it literally looked like the car had been stored underwater. There was a huge amount of corrosion - looked like a science-fiction movie prop.

We had multiple never-resolved electrical problems the GM dealership never could resolve. They sent the car to auction, as they could never resolve the multiple electrical issues.

Good luck with your 2008.

Regarding Divotdug’s comments...water off the ducks back, let it go, try to lighten up and enjoy the forum.

#ThumbsUP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hello thank you very much for the reply I will definitely check this out tomorrow I do remember that that floor was wet so maybe that could have a similarity as yours did thank you very much. for the other issue "As for the unknown, I leave him to be an unknown"🃏

1 - 18 of 18 Posts