GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2008 Acadia with a 6-disc changer. Most changers I've ever used advance to the next disc when the previous one is finished. However, the changer in our Acadia doesn't. For instance, when disc 2 is finished, it repeats disc 2 instead of going to disc 3. It doesn't matter what disc is playing, it repeats instead of going to the next disc. No one in our dealership knew what to do, or if GMC even planned it this way. I can't imagine they would have. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Mine does the same thing, I think this is they way these units are made.

·
Registered
540 Posts
My 2005 Silverado does the same thing. I believe that is normal for GM radios

Bobby

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
DeForger said:
My 2005 Silverado does the same thing. I believe that is normal for GM radios

Bobby
My wife has a Pontiact Torrent, and hers switches to disc2 when disc1 is finished.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My 2007 does the same thing i think that is the way it is programmed.

·
Registered
635 Posts
My Outlook does not advance, but my wifes 08 Aura (same unit) does. Go figure :banghead:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just got a 2009 Traverse, top end stereo, but no 6 disc changer. I think GM has quit the 6 disc changer market. Probably due to too many failures, I guess.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Narg said:
I just got a 2009 Traverse, top end stereo, but no 6 disc changer. I think GM has quit the 6 disc changer market. Probably due to too many failures, I guess.
That and the fact that more people are going to Ipods and MP3 players. I rarely use the CD player anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts