GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a couple of 2007's available w/ the 0% financing. Can someone help to identify the main differences between the two? I am unsure if we should wait and get an 08 or take the 07. If the differences are substantial, I'll wait.

Thanks in advance for the help...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Many of the new model glitches plaguing the 2007 have been removed in the 2008 model. Primary among these are the transmission reflashing, window problems, and power mirror issues. Tough call to make for cash vs. convenience.

analogist

·
Registered
339 Posts
Along with minor manufacturing updates that only come with time on any manufacturing line, if you are going for AWD, I understand that Stabilitrack was upgraded for the 08s. And if you want a factory backup camera, it is only available on 08s. I'm sure there are others, but those are the major ones I can think of right now.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I think most of the problems on the 07s were fixed, but there are differences with the 08's.

http://media.gm.com/us/gmc/en/product_services/r_cars/r_c_acadia/index.html

I think I personally experienced the Panic Brake Assist on the highway yesterday. Dummy me looked at the XM for a second (Oh why did I not by the head-up display??) and when I looked back up, the traffic was stopped and I hit the breaks fast. The car stopped so quickly that my son's headsets flew off his head and into the front seat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All,

This was very helpful. It sounds like the 07 had some problems that are fixed with the 08. Maybe I'll wait.

Thanks!

·
Registered
956 Posts
If you're going to keep the car for a long time and the savings aren't that important to you I would wait. The 07's have had a few issues that I'm sure will be rectified on the later production models. I do have a very early 07 that I have had no mechanical problems, but there are a couple of issues (body panel alignment ect.) that probably wouldn't exist on a later production model.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you are going to AWD, then I think the 08 AWD upgrade makes it worth buying an 08 instead of the 07(I did).
Quoting from another thread:

With all cars, AWD, FWD, or RWD, whenever you turn, the inner wheel will always rotate at a slower speed than the outer wheel. That's why the differential was invented, to allow the inner wheel to spin slower than the outer wheel when turning. Most systems, like the 07, will accomplish this task in the differential by reducing the power (torque) to the inner wheel, essentially slowing it down so the turn can be accomplished. The 08 models (and Acura) accomplish this task by sending more power to the rear differential, and the rear differential over-spins the rear outer wheel by giving it excess torque, while still maintaining the same torque on the inner wheel. So, instead of the inner rear wheel being dragged along in a turn, the outer rear wheel is being over-driven to accomplish the turn with a gain in control and handling.

Imagine you are pushing a shopping cart. While you are turning it, say to the left, instead of you slowing down the left side of the cart to turn, you push the right side of the cart harder to make the turn, which is what the AWD system in the Acadia and Acuras are doing.

In the 07, it only sent more torque to the rear if the front was slipping, but I believe for the 08 is sends torque when the front slips as well as during turning I believe to accomplish the over-spinning

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd take the $4k discount, especially if the 07 was a late build, just before the same vehicle was designated as an 08 (around August, I think). But in any case most significant "fixes" are made available though dealer service anyway - many of us have had upgrades done via re-programming of transmission or engine computers, for example.

But if you want something like the rear camera that was unavailable on an 07, you have to choose the 08.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts