GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2007 SRX and have been eyeing the ACADIA ! I have two kids and there is no room left in the rear seat after a babyseat and booster .

We had a 2003 mini van before the caddy and swore never to get another mini van! But i have to say i miss the room the mini van had. It was a seven pass with the captins in the back and a bench behind that with DVD and extended.

Has anyone here switched from a SRX to an ACADIA?

And if so are you happy you did.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes I traded in a 06 SRX on an 07 Acadia and I am very pleased. I got an SLT AWD with all the options. It does have more room than the Caddy and there is no comparsion to the 3rd row seat. All my children are grown and the only small ones I haul around are my two grandchildren. My reason was front seat comfort as the GMC seats are much more comfortable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Test drove a base fwd Acadia today and i liked it. So much cab room!!!! Much more comfortable then the SRX !It drove nice ,little to much roll compared to the SRX but much softer over the bumps. The steering is not as tight as the SRX but still felt good. I have a deal lined up on a 2007 SLT2 AWD Loaded DVD/NAV light brown /black leather.
Im sure it drives the same as the base Acadia but with more options. Good bye SRX!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree with your comments on handling between the SRX and the Acadia. My 06 SRX was AWD and my Acadia is AWD with 19s and the difference was worth it to me. The awd does handle better than the fwd version. Good luck on your choice.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I came out of an '04 SRX. Acadia wins, no comparison! Not even close.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I came out of a loaded 2004 SRX with the Northstar V8 into the Acadia. The Acadia wins on all counts but acceleration. I’ve had my Acadia almost 3 months and am very happy of the choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts