GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a long time listener, first time caller :-\

Just about to take over the lease on a 2007, Liquid Silver, SLT with 28,800 km/h. Everything is still under warranty and I am getting quite confused about which service areas I need to make sure have been taken care of (as the list of service bulletins on SLT's is fairly long).

Do I take this vehicle into my local GMC dealer and say "Please apply ALL service updates to this SLT"....or do I start with a list of top 5 priorities, such as the transimission updates? This vehicle hit the streets back in March 2007?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PBC_PGA

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Don't get caught up in long TSB lists. The vast majority of TSBs are platform specific and issued to provide guidance to techs if a customer comes in complaining of a particular problem.

There are also VIN specific bulletins, but then again it may relate to a problem that doesn't exist on that particular vehicle. For example, on my Silverado there this VIN specific TSB: RADIO SPEAKER BUZZ NOISE - TSB. 07-08-44-013. But I don't have this problem with my truck so even though the VIN search brings up this TSB, there is nothing for the dealership to do.

Now, the campaigns/recalls are a different story. These will come up with a VIN search as well and should be completed, but there's usually very few or none of these items.

Your dealer can run the search for you or I can do it as well if you'd like.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the information,

If it is a quick job for you, sure by all means send that data my way...if not no worries and I will ask at the dealership.

Regards,

Pierre

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
PBC_PGA said:
Thanks a lot for the information,

If it is a quick job for you, sure by all means send that data my way...if not no worries and I will ask at the dealership.

Regards,

Pierre
Hi Pierre,

I will need the last 8 digits of your VIN to do this. You can sent it to me in a PM if you wish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts