GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? ???I have a 2007 Acadia SLT-1 and I didn't have any issues either until I got that notice... So I went to the dealership and had them do the service based on the recall notice I received. When I got there they insisted that there was another recall on my Acadia dealing with the wipers so I had all work done. A few weeks later we had a heavy snow fall for about a day and a half. After the snow melted. I went out to my car (I have no garage) and all seemed fine. Well when my wife and daughter got into the car they were surprised to find that the passenger sided seatbelts were soaked in water. I checked and could not find a leak. I went back to dealership, I was told they have a special leak guy that was only there on Tuesdays so i waited until Tuesday. Well Tuesday came and at 7am my Acadia was the first in line that day. The service manager told me that the leak guy won't be in until 9am or 10am. I said okay and left my Acadia there. I returned to the dealer at 5:30PM!!!! and was told that the leak guy didn't show up today so they had someone else look at the drain tubes and they didn't see anything out of order. WHAT!!!! I asked them to call me when the car was done but an entire day and no call to let me know what the "LEAK" guy was not in. Well it rained the other day and guess what the leak is back. Unlike some of you my warranty is out (I think) I have 45K miles on the Acadia at this point I don't' even want the car but since its paid off what can I do.... I saw a nice 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL (i think) for about $16,980 and it had 33K miles on it the dealership (not this one but another across town) wanted to let me give them my Acadia and they would give me the Lucerne with no money needed. What would you do???? Please help. I really need to get rid of the Acadia before GM goes completely belly up and I'll be stuck with this thing. I'd rather be stuck the the Buick which does not leak than a car that keeps leaking and now has a strange odor to the carpet. :confused:

Post split and moved to a new topic in proper section.
Blue[/color]

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Lynch - the dealer only offering that deal because it favors them in the end - they will sell the Acadia for more than they can sell the Buick - otherwise they wouldn't make the offer. However, if the leak is causing you heartache and you're ready to part with the GMC, go for it. I rented a Lucerne a year or so ago and it is a terrific ride - but a very different vehicle than what you have now.

And just to confirm, go to KBB and you'll see the difference in value is roughly $6K.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So mikemu,
do you think the lucrene is a good vechile. I mean I admit I in the long run I will lose some of the value but given the water leak and it seems that there is no way to fix. Its me my wife and my son and my daugher. My son is 13 months so he is still in a car seat. Will we fit in the lucerene on a trip for about 345 miles. is the lucerne comfortable for such a trip.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
It's definitely a comfortable car but you will concede lots of cargo space. My kids are much older now but my wife and I still like the ability to haul things which becomes limited with a sedan. In terms of ride though, the Lucerne is basically a Caddy with a Buick badge.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Is this lucerne the v6 model, or the northstar v8. We bought my grandmother a northstar equipped cxl and man let me tell you, that is one sweet car. It has plenty of power and is fun to drive. It is also a very comfortable car with a lot of room on the inside.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I had rented the V6 and it was absolutely adequate in terms of power. I'm sure the Northstar is a nice ride but you'll burn some extra fuel along the way.

·
Registered
428 Posts
the northstar makes around 20mpg on the freeway. I dont think that too bad for a v8 powered car

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
No doubt that is a great riding vehicle. I still love the Acadia though. Good luck with your decision.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
lynch,

Just another opinion to for you to mull over. The warranty status of your vehicle is irrelevant. It appear to me that the dealership screwed something up performing the sunroof drain hose recall, since you didn't have this problem before the procedure and now you do. Your service dept needs to make this right or you need to get in touch with GM Customer Service (I know this doesn't sound appealing). If you have any desire to keep the Acadia, press your service manager to take care of this.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
GeoHawk said:
lynch,

Just another opinion to for you to mull over. The warranty status of your vehicle is irrelevant. It appear to me that the dealership screwed something up performing the sunroof drain hose recall, since you didn't have this problem before the procedure and now you do. Your service dept needs to make this right or you need to get in touch with GM Customer Service (I know this doesn't sound appealing). If you have any desire to keep the Acadia, press your service manager to take care of this.
I agree, this is a known issue with the vehicle, sounds like it would be on them to fix the leak and any resulting damage.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Demand they give you a loaner for a couple days so their, "Special Leak Man," can fix it. When they say the car is ready, fixed, have the Service Manager accompany you to the local auto car wash, have him pay the fee for wash, then inspect the areas for puddles of water and drips. If he does not want to accompany you, have them drive the car inside to their wash bay and hose the car down for an hour. Then inspect the inside. Insist on the FREE loaner car.

There is also the local BB that might give you support. Reporting to the BB got the Amana service center repair man to my home in 3 days time. Faxed copy of my BB compaint letter to Amana. That was 10 years ago. Good luck with the repair L!

If my car leaked, I'd make sure they replaced all carpeting, door panels if effected, headliner, and you name it, where water came in contact. There are ways to work with the dealer and regional GMC factory Rep to get the job done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts