GMC Acadia Forum banner

car loses power while driving

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else out there have a problem with their Acadia shutting off while driving, but once you get off the road it will restart. Mine does it on right hand turns for some reason doesn't happen on a daily basis but could be once in a month or 6 weeks or 2 months one time it shut off twice in a matter of 10 minutes turning right. When its hooked up to the diagnostic machine it doesn't show anything and when you call onstar it doesn't show anything either. What can be causing this. It has our mechanic baffled now he thinks it could be an electrical problem and this is my second Acadia the first one broke down the first 25 minutes I owned it, the check engine light came on and we could coast it off the road and it wouldn't start or do anything after 45 minutes it decided to start and back to the shop for a diagnostic check the next day. They had to order a valve for it so it was in the garage for almost 2 weeks and a week when it came out it I was out with my daughter made a right turn and it shut off everything went dead managed to coast it off the road but this time it would restart. Freaked out told my husband the car broke down again and we could of been killed and he took it out and it did it to him, back to the shop again. Absolutely disgusted with GMC after being the most expensive car I bought and to be kept going back and forth to the garage. I would of bought a used car if I wanted this hastle. My husband expressed his concerns with the manager and we waited and they allowed us to have a replacment vehicle. We thought this car was better but after getting back from our vacation and around 6800 km we got this car in July and in August this car started to shut off then again around a month later it shut off on a corner then a call was made to head office. It has been in for all the software updates the car felt new for 3 days then it was back to itself and it (it still has the engine lag I think all of these cars do) got worse shutting off 3 times after a week it was in for the updates, back to the garage again. They still can't figure it out and I remain a nervous wreck driving this car with my 3 kids and disability dog I train never knowing when it could happen.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts