Votes: 0 0.0%
  • why why

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Acadia since March I've had problem after problem with it!!!!!!!! :banghead: I'm at the point of getting rid of it I can't take it anymore :mad: I've had it!!!!! IF YOU ARE THING ABOUT BUYIN THIS CAR WAIT A FEW YEARS UNTILL THE GET ALL THE BUGS WORKED OUT!!!! I wanted my Acadia for 6months before I got it I can't believe it has turned into such a headache!!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well let me say something. I am over 70, had many new and new and used cars. First years can have problems but GM has been good to me and works things out under warranty. I have a 2007 Acadia now and am proud. I think there is no better vehicle on the road for its purpose. I do research before I buy and these forums are a Godsend.

Picking the right dealer is a must for service but give the car a chance and you will love it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Obviously you are upset with your purchase, but how about some examples of what you are lamenting over?

Reading the forum for the past few months seems to bear out that there are problems with some cars, (which is to be expected with any mass produced vehicle), but the overall consensus is that the majority of owners are well satisfied. Sorry you are experiencing such bad luck with and poor quality in your car.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Is this Dan-M in disquise ??? :D

Seriously, I feel bad about your experience. However, take it to the dealer and let them fix it. I have a few things with mine I had/still have to deal with(trans flash, broken lumbar support lever, poor radio reception, loose bracket in the spoiler by 3rd brake light), but they are all fixable and IMO minor. Heck I fixed the spoiler thing myself and the lumbar support for the passenger side.

Are your issues preventing the car from being driven? Are they different than what others have posted here? Rather than vent, post your issues and see if others can assess the problem for you and get you back on track. If you are still not content with your purchase go trade it in or sell it thru private party and pick yourself up something you think will be better suited to you.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Why don't you list a few of your issues? I'm sure most here would be interested in what has caused your frustrations.

·
Registered
105 Posts
???We've had a few problems with our Acadia but GM has bent over backwards to fix them. ANY vehicle, new or used, can turn into a nightmare. My mother-in law bought a new Dodge dually with all the bells and whistles, it had numerous problems that couldn't seem to be fixed. Dodge gave her a new truck and she never had a problem with that vehicle. Seems like if it's made by humans it could work great or not so great, but it will never be perfect. Spazmore, are you legit? Where did you buy your Acadia? I've seen a similarly named poster on another forum and most of the info provided was bogus but presented as "fact".

·
Registered
101 Posts
My first post was pretty negative too...I'd just seen my 900 mi car leave on the back of a 30 yo Ford that looked like it had a million miles on it. But the car has been an absolute dream to drive since...I'd ignore Spaz until he validated his post.

wearefla...we too, have a loaded '02 Rendezvous AWD for winter driving...it already has mounted studs...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Phazer_II! We were in Alaska in May, absolutely beautiful state. Do you get to drive much in the winter in Juneau? It would sure be different to live in a place with one road in, one road out. I lived in Colorado, worked in the mountains for about 8 years, but I'm a Florida boy and glad to be back home. I don't miss winter driving. I wonder if I could even buy snow tires, studs or chains around here? Nope, don't think so. My wife has sure been happy with her Rendevous, but we'll be trading for an Enclave sometime in the future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YES, spazmore is for real. As for my grammar I do very well at speaking the english language but not so well at typing most of the time. :)As for why I'm finished with the Acadia ......I have had the car quit on me going down the road for no reason (in traffic), the transmission has had to be worked on 3 times not counting the recalls, the rear wiper fell off, the driver's seat wouldn't move forward (after my husband drove it - I'm 5'4" and he's 5'10" - I had to pull myself forward in the seat to drive it to the dealer), the gas gauge has broken twice, the temperature control has broken, it won't start 3/4 of the time on the 1st try, the passenger side air bag had to be replaced, the mirrors wouldn't move, and all the little things are too numerous to mention. The thing that put me over the edge is, while I was going down a very steep hill, the brakes went out for NO reason. They made a screeching noise and the driver's info panel lit up telling me that there were NO brakes, no trac control and to use the emergency brake. I had to slam the car into 1st gear and apply the emergeny brake. I have never been this scared in my life. Thank God I made it down the hill and into my drive way. My Acadia left my drive way on a tow truck back to the dealer.
I had to vent about this, I really have had it with this car. It has been back to my dealer nearly 10 times for BS problems in the few months that I've owned it and this is the final straw. I'm so very glad to know that you all have had only minor problems with yours, I really wanted my Acadia and it has turned into a nightmare for me. Yes the people at my dealer have been great they have given me a rental car every time it has had to be serviced. It has been great dealing with them just not with my Acadia. I look forward to hearing from you all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Keith said:
Wow! If it was built as bad as your grammar it is a real lemon!
Excuse me for not having the time to attend college to obtain a worthless English degree. Would you like fries with my next "bad grammar" comment? Let's not forget that this is the internet, not the classroom. Can you do Differential Equations?

·
Registered
683 Posts
I know you said your dealer was great, but I would respectfully say your dealer sucks. If you have had all the issues you claim to have had and its been to them 10 times, with at least one via a tow truck, and all they give you is a friggin' rental car!?!?!? WOW! :angryfire:

Of course based on WearFla's post, I'm still a bit skeptical this is legit. I certainly hope it is fake for the sake of 'spazmore' so that you seriously haven't been put thru all those issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am for REAL!!!!!! I have had all these problems!!!!!! I WISH I WEREN'T KIDDING!!!!!!! My dealer has been nice through all of this. Am I not being mean enough about it? It's not his fault that the car has had all of these problems,yah know. He worked very hard at getting me my Acadia, as he told me I made him work hard ,he searched 2 states to find the one I wanted.It saved me from having to wait on an ordered one.(looks like that bit me in the rear) WHY OH WHY didn't it work out for me!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imgntht said:
Of course based on WearFla's post, I'm still a bit skeptical this is legit. I certainly hope it is fake for the sake of 'spazmore' so that you seriously haven't been put thru all those issues.
Why would I go to all of the trouble to register here and post this info here if it weren't true? It's not like I can affect GMC's stock prices or anything. I'm just trying to see if anyone have had this many problems, not just the usually small problems listed elsewhere on these forums. And I've used spazmore on other forums for a username without any problems.

Grammar police, have at my starting a sentence with "And" above...grammar is much more important on the internet and in real life than real life problems.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Hi Spaz, sorry to hear all the issues your having with your Arcadia. There was another member, about a 2 months or so ago, that had many problems too and ended up selling his and buying a new Denali. There are dealers that have customer service satisfaction and others that don't have the right trained[untrained] techs to resolve customer issues.

I know the fustrations having been in that position on a new 1975 Dodge Aspen Wagon with the engine making a constant tappit noise. I had returned to the same dealership to have fixed where I drove the vehicle 3 months out of the 6 we owned. The factory rep had our Dodge delivered to a dealership 50 miles away, where it was determined all the lifters had to be replaced. At that time, the engine was their ole reliable V-8, 318. Three weeks later, I put an ad in the paper and sold that weekend. Anyway, I know your fustration and do what you think is best and you can vent your issues just like those that tell us how much they love their Acadia. Some people have no tolerance listening to those that seem to have problems as they are the most NON caring type.

Maybe you might want your dealer service manager contact the area factory rep to meet with you to address your ongoing issues . Spaz, let us know what you decide. "A friend"
Jon

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow Spazmore, sounds like you really got a lemon. Sorry for the doubts about your legitimacy. Have you contacted GM directly at 800-462-8782 ? They seemed very concerned and helpful with me and have followed up with 3 phone calls to me verifying the problems were being dealt with and asked repeatedly if there were anything else GM could do for me to make my experience with the vehicle better. They contacted the dealer and impressed on the service department the importance of getting my vehicle right. With all the problems you list I would be livid, especially if the brakes failed. Is there a lemon law in your state? Again, sorry about the doubts, but I humbly suggest you review your posts before you post.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for the info. I will in the furture review my posts. ;D....... I was so very upset with the car that I wanted to get my rage out and let people know how bad of a time I was having with it. Thanks again for the number. TTL Spazmore

·
Registered
956 Posts
Your experiences are terrible and inexcusable. GM should replace the vehicle now. If the second one also proves to be bad, you should have your money refunded.

·
Registered
730 Posts
big bear craig said:
Your experiences are terrible and unexcusable. GM should replace the vehicle now. If the second one also proves to be bad, you should have your money refunded.
:ditto:
Sorry to hear about your issues.
It seems like you have all the problems of each member in this forum lump into your vehicle..and more.
Did you ever consider replacing it? What is your dealer's stand on this?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts