GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Acadia and during my trip I notice I had a roaring sound which I thought it might be my tires. So when I visited my parents I took it to the GMC dealer to see if they knew where was the noise coming from plus I wanted my oil change. Well they said it is coming from the transfer case and it would be very hard to get the parts they need at this time. So I said I'll wait till I get back home and see what my dealer say.

So have anyone had problems with a roaring noise coming from the transfer case?

Terry

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I gather this is only for AWD models. They need to resolve the parts issue if it's real or they will lose customer goodwil rather quickly.

·
Super Moderator
21,792 Posts
Even though I don't have AWD, I'm interested in what the home dealer has to do to resolve your issue. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I'm at 20000 and no noise yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a appointment for Thursday July 23 to see what they do.

Mine is a AWD and it only have 25100 miles on it.

Terry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took it to the Dealer and all they said was it is the tires that are making the noise. They did tell me that if there wasn't anything wrong they can't make any money. The thing is my trip back home was concern when I was told by the other Dealer that it was the transfer case. My parents also have a Acadia 2008 and they do take it to the same Dealer and are also taking good care with service.

I did ask my Dealer how much would the tires be but was told that my tires are good and just make some noise. They did the so call 27 service check and said everything was good. I have been dealing with this dealer the past 10yrs and never had any complaints from them. I guess maybe since I didn't purchase my vehicle from the other Dealer that they where trying to make money.

My question is if it was a problem with the transfer case would the service light on the dash light up for service?

·
Super Moderator
21,792 Posts
tbliss said:
... would the service light on the dash light up for service?
It all depends on what function of the transfer case is monitored by the computer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts