GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking at the cars.com 2009 Acadia page, I see it makes reference to $2000 in Owner Loyalty cash, good through 9-30-08. I've searched for this and don't see a reference to it anywhere. Since they got the option prices before everyone else, maybe they are also right on this?

Text:
SLT-2 Front-wheel Drive MSRP $37,600 Invoice* $35,156
CashBack - or - Financing - or - Lease Additional… (for qualified buyers)
Owner Loyalty - $2,0001
exp. 9/30/08
(1) Customer bonus cash can sometimes be combined with other stand-alone offers. It is often only for retail sales and not available with leasing programs.

Would be a great incentive to buy a 2009. Anyone know anything else about this?

·
Registered
62 Posts
My 2009 SLT2 FWD is supposed to be built this week. I have a call in to my salesman to see what he knows about this. I have had GM vehicles since 1967 so I guess I would be "loyal". BTW, my first Oldsmobile, 1967 F85 is with my niece. We also have grandpa's 51 Ford so we like to keep them in the family.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I light of "The General's" current money problems, it's doubtful this could be true. Especially on a hot selling new 2009 truck such as the Acadia. But, we can all hope....can't we??????? Time will tell..... :cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't provide any concurrence regarding the cars.com website. However, this is listed on the GMC website at http://www.gmc.com/currentoffers/index.jsp

Trade in for fuel-efficiency and get:

$1,750 Total Cash Back on 2008 Acadia for owners and lessees of a 1999 or newer non GM vehicleΔ
$1,250 Total Cash Back on 2008 Acadia**
$2,500 Total Cash Back on 2008 Canyon Ext./Crew Cab**
$3,000 Total Cash Back on 2008 Envoy**
$3,000 Total Cash Back on 2008 Sierra Regular Cab**
$5,000 Total Cash Back on 2008 Sierra Ext./Crew Cab**
$6,000 Total Cash Back on 2008 Yukon (all models except hybrid)**
$4,000 Total Cash Back on 2008 Yukon Hybrid**

Don't know about you, but I'm more likely to rely on the offers provided by GMC as opposed to some third-party company.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My salesman talked to the dealer rep and showed him the web page and he doesn't know anything about it. So....when my vehicle arrives he will put in the vin and see if anything comes up. It does sound to good to be true.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We just bought an SLT-1 Acadia last month and only got the $1000 worth of rebates. I specifically asked the salesman if he thought there would be any better deals in July which he replied doubtful because of the popularity of the Acadia. I guess it only cost me $2000! I tell you it makes me never want to buy new again. Although we did get a specific color, options, etc., which may not have been around this month either.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doodle-
That is the risk of waiting. Incentives are similar to timing the stock market. The way to look at it is that you got what you wanted & got $1K in incentives. They well could have done away with them or it could have been sold the following day had you not acted when you did. I know we could not find (within our area) exactly what we wanted. As it turns out, the 2009 offers something the 2008 doesn't (cooled seats) and we are looking forward to these.

MKA, I'm 10 years behind on the GM ownership, but have owned the same one for close to 31 years. Like your '67, that should count for something. If pressed on the issue, I technically "own" 2x 2005 Chevy/GMC and 1x 2003 Chevy motors in my Japanese/German/Japanese cars :).

I've emailed cars.com and asked for their source for the data. Hopefully they will respond or remove it if it is in error.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yea, we can all wish for some good discount on the 2009's. I've owned my Chev. Blazer for 21 yrs - that's loyalty. BUT, when I read the details of the loyalty offer, it typically applies to owners of GM vehicles from 1999 or 2000 & newer. GM is trying to get buyers to buy newer when they likely have vehicles that can still meet their needs. I'll be happy if I get any extra incentives at all on the 2009's.

IMHO, Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
380 Posts
There are rebates out there on most everything but compacts, just have to look hard in some cases. Just bought a 2008 Lincoln MKZ sedan that had $4000 in rebates or $1500 and 0% for 5 years (took the 0%), no more first year cars after the experiences with my 2007 Acadia (kept it, dealer seems to have finally stopped the roof leaks and electrical failures)
29 MPG first trip milage! :blob:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just saw an ad in today's (07/27/08) St. Louis Post-Dispatch that stated rebates of $1,750 for Acadia and $750 (I think) for Enclave. I didn't bother to read all the 0 font stuff in the ad.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The $1750/$750 has been around since 7-10 to clear out the existing 2008 models (not happening around here). I've not seen anything that applies to 2009 models with that offer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts