GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was an interest on this board in the past about 20" wheels for the Acadia. I was one of the interested parties and happened over to the Enclave Forum only to find a similar topic. GM Parts Direct now shows them. There are 2 places on the website for different options. The first is here: http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?wheelPackages=1&pkgid=22, which shows all the available 2007 20" wheel and tire pckgs. Interestingly enough, the packages all seem to come with Goodyear LS2 tires.

Now the other link is here: http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/accessories/frameset3.cfm, scroll down to "Wheel Components 'Upgrade'" and you will have the RVO25 option as well as the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza HL tires in 255/55/20 to be purchased seperately from the rims.

One thing that I recall from our thread in the 18's vs 19's topic, was that the Stabilizer Bar kit Model# 19166517 would be needed to upgrade to the 20's.

Hope this helps anyone interested in upgrading.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Interesting that the 20" bridgestone is a lot cheaper in price then the 18" wheel. I bet it will look really awesome with any one of those rims. I wonder how much the ride will suffer as there is even less rubber then the 19's. Of course, it all depends on what you want. Its pretty hard to get the best of both worlds, or have your cake and eat it two, or a bird in the hand is - oh well, you get the point.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Now only if I had $3k to blow on wheels after spending $30k + on a car!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it was mentioned in another thread about the price difference, and how it relates to the 18" wheel being a new creation versus the 19 and 20 inch tires have been around for awhile.

I suspect the ride will be slightly stiffer, especially with the addition of the stabilizer bar(still not sure the exact purpose and installation location for this), but a 55 series sidewall is far from being obsurd. I had 225/40/18's on a past car and that was even still liveable IMO. I hit some decent potholes and never incurred any rim damage either. I still cringe thinking about the 34 inch rims on 20 series rubber...Yikes, talk about eye candy and "for show purposes only"!

·
Registered
110 Posts
imgntht said:
I think it was mentioned in another thread about the price difference, and how it relates to the 18" wheel being a new creation versus the 19 and 20 inch tires have been around for awhile.

I suspect the ride will be slightly stiffer, especially with the addition of the stabilizer bar(still not sure the exact purpose and installation location for this), but a 55 series sidewall is far from being obsurd. I had 225/40/18's on a past car and that was even still liveable IMO. I hit some decent potholes and never incurred any rim damage either. I still cringe thinking about the 34 inch rims on 20 series rubber...Yikes, talk about eye candy and "for show purposes only"!
:ditto: 55's are far from being a low profile tire wall. 35's would be low profile...40's are close to low profile. I had 225/35/18's on a previous car. The ride was rougher and you had to be careful with large potholes. I won't have that low a profile tire again.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Man I don't know which one I like the most. I would die to see them with the tires mounted on them and sitting under a Summit White Acadia.

I think I like this one the best.

But this one is awesome too.

This is my third choice

·
Registered
148 Posts
Aren't the first and second ones you have there the same? Only thing that looks different is the second one doesn't have the GMC hubcap thing in the middle. Anyways, I think I like the first one you're showing, but in the last one the GMC logo shows it as chrome instead of red which is nice. hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
468 Posts
gnarboots11 said:
Aren't the first and second ones you have there the same? Only thing that looks different is the second one doesn't have the GMC hubcap thing in the middle. Anyways, I think I like the first one you're showing, but in the last one the GMC logo shows it as chrome instead of red which is nice. hmmmmmmmm
Nope, they're different. Check out where the spokes meet the main body of the wheel. One sits more flush than the other one.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone good at Photoshop? You could take the Red Denali photoshopped picture from one of the other threads on here and put on the different rims. Then just change the color of the car?

Dan-M: You have good taste...that was my exact 1 and 2 as well.

I'm still undecided about going to a straight aftermarket rim though and just picking up the Alenza tires and stabilizer kit from GM. Price wise I would come out to about the same for the rims I have narrowed it down to. What could sway me though would be if GM (the dealer) would give me a credit towards my factory 18" wheels and tires. Mitsubishi did this for me on my '02 Galant and I ended up with a $900 credit. I only paid $600 for a full tire and wheel set in 17" (factory was 16"), and was able to roll it into the car payments. However I also did this deal at the time of purchase...so maybe it makes a difference, or even different by dealership ???

I guess either way I could sell the factory 18" on Ebay, but of the ones I've seen out there already, they aren't selling.

·
Registered
524 Posts
zman said:
gnarboots11 said:
Nope, they're different. Check out where the spokes meet the main body of the wheel. One sits more flush than the other one.

Thanks, I was going to point that out also.

I actually think I like the look of the second ones better but they look like they may get scratched on curbs easier.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Also in case I didn't say so.........................**** THEY LOOK NICE!!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dan-M said:
zman said:
gnarboots11 said:

Thanks, I was going to point that out also.

I actually think I like the look of the second ones better but they look like they may get scratched on curbs easier.
The other thing to think about with the first versus second choice...Since the spokes on the first style don't go all the way to the outer lip, visually it kinda makes the rim appear a bit smaller in size than it realistically is. I agree though I'm still not sure which I would prefer. The 2nd may be easier to clean too!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Are we sure that the first six posted in the first link fit Acadias? They are the same wheels that are available for upgrades on the Tahoes/Yukons with have a different bolt pattern.

Regardless I think this one looks best

I said that I wouldn't mod the Acadia. I'm trying to get away from vehicles that have summer wheels/tires and winter wheels/tires.

But if someone could photoshop them onto a red jewel, I might be swayed.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tdrumm said:
Are we sure that the first six posted in the first link fit Acadias? They are the same wheels that are available for upgrades on the Tahoes/Yukons with have a different bolt pattern.

I said that I wouldn't mod the Acadia. I'm trying to get away from vehicles that have summer wheels/tires and winter wheels/tires.

You know that is a good question we might be getting all excited about rims that don't even fit. The link that got us to all three of the rims pictured in this thread, just said "2007 GMC Truck/SUV 20in Wheel and Tire packages". Really doesn't specify which bolt patterns it truly fits, or if they custom drill them to your need. For the heck of it I threw them into checkout as if I was purchasing them. Not once did it ask me what specific vehicle I was using them on. Maybe that comes after you actually checkout, but I didn't want to test that...

Even more interesting...or disappointing really...was the extra cost for shipping/taxes What once looked like a fair deal compared to the aftermarket world, now looks terrible. Shipping added another $608.60, then they charge $186.73 for NC residents only due to tax. I'm from IL, so it wouldn't apply, but the final price is now jacked up to $3,374.96(non NC resident) and $3561.69(NC Residents only). It brings you almost back up to the GM list price. This has totally taken me out of the game. I could justify $2000-$2500 in my head, but this kinda dough for rims/tires is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
imgntht said:
tdrumm said:

You know that is a good question we might be getting all excited about rims that don't even fit. The link that got us to all three of the rims pictured in this thread, just said "2007 GMC Truck/SUV 20in Wheel and Tire packages". Really doesn't specify which bolt patterns it truly fits, or if they custom drill them to your need. For the heck of it I threw them into checkout as if I was purchasing them. Not once did it ask me what specific vehicle I was using them on. Maybe that comes after you actually checkout, but I didn't want to test that...

Even more interesting...or disappointing really...was the extra cost for shipping/taxes What once looked like a fair deal compared to the aftermarket world, now looks terrible. Shipping added another $608.60, then they charge $186.73 for NC residents only due to tax. I'm from IL, so it wouldn't apply, but the final price is now jacked up to $3,374.96(non NC resident) and $3561.69(NC Residents only). It brings you almost back up to the GM list price. This has totally taken me out of the game. I could justify $2000-$2500 in my head, but this kinda dough for rims/tires is ridiculous.

Get them through your dealer; I considered a Denali before the Acadia came along. I had asked my dealer to add these wheels to the Denali; the total with tires mounting/ balance etc came to 2200 from him but GM Parts Direct shows the list price as much higher.
GM PART # pkck945c
CATEGORY: Accessories & Misc.
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $3,719.43
OUR PRICE: $2,766.36

and I would have kept the wheels/tires that came on the vehicle. I noticed when the dealer brings up prices on their terminal, it shows 3 prices. For the Acadia running boards I saw 550.xx 464.xx and 38x.xx. I mentioned to the parts guy I thought 550. was awful expensive, he responded, "oh, did you buy the vehicle here?" then stated he could do the 464.xx price. The other price he said was if you purchased them at the time of vehicle purchase. I didn't order them yet, trying to decide if I should ask the dealer for the lowest price or if I should trade for an Enclave...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

I have been taking care of alot of Acadia Forum members. I will sell you guys wheels only if that's what you want. Please contact me if any of you are interested.

Thanks, Gene.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wow - all this talk of tires and 18's, 19'2 20's - I am just thrilled to death to have something other than our accord's plastic hub caps! The aluminum machined 18's will do just fine for me.

Here's my question though - having never owned a truck before, how much will it cost me to replace the tires? That scares me!!! We are current;y test driving an SLT-1 and I adore it but I look at those tires...they are huge!

·
Registered
681 Posts
mmsimpson said:
Wow - all this talk of tires and 18's, 19'2 20's - I am just thrilled to death to have something other than our accord's plastic hub caps! The aluminum machined 18's will do just fine for me.

Here's my question though - having never owned a truck before, how much will it cost me to replace the tires? That scares me!!! We are current;y test driving an SLT-1 and I adore it but I look at those tires...they are huge!
I copied this from another thread message I made:

Normally I would say that is true, a 19" would be more $$ than the 18", but I went to Tirerack.com and the 19" OEM are listed at $128 per tire and the OEM 18" are listed at $172, so in this case (or at this moment in time) the 19"s are cheaper than than the 18"s to replace and they have a special offer on a set of 4, you get a $40 cash card that you do not get with the 18"s.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/SelectTireSize.jsp?autoMake=GMC&autoModel=Acadia+SLT+AWD&autoYear=2007&autoModClar=
and click on the View Original Equipment Tires for each size to see the prices.

--------------

The 18" tires are more expensive than the 19" ones, they are a stronger tire with a longer life, I think the 18" tires have kevlar in the sidewalls.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The high polished rims sure look nice and would buy them if I could find someone that would keep them clean, for peanuts, in our Wisconsin climate. Open to suggestions.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks for the pricing info - way less than I would have expected.

Mer

1 - 20 of 22 Posts