GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A GMC dealership sales guy mentioned that GMC might offer a 20 inch wheel for the Acadia as a factory option sometime during the 2009 model year. This would be great for me since I plan to order/buy a 2009 by February at the latest. This would prevent me from having 4 extra rims and tires (the standard 18 inchers) if I buy dealer installed 20 inchers and tires. Has anyone else heard any rumors related to this? It would almost make sense since the Traverse LTZ will have 20 inch wheels standard.

·
Registered
683 Posts
You do realize that GM has had at least 4 different styles of 20" rims available from the factory for quite some time now right? Its one thing for a consumer not to know, but the fact that the salesman at the dealership thought they "might" offer this for 2009 is scary...He must have been new or a real idiot! :eek:hno:

There are a number of threads here and on the Enclave forum related to 20" wheels. Mostly aftermarket here, but I know we've posted pics of the OEM 20" wheels in various posts. Try http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com. Click the GMC logo, choose Acadia, and on the bottom right of the results page they list all the wheels. Hover over each link for a preview picture, or click the link to open the wheel in a new screen. Good Luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do know about the 4 different 20 inch wheels (still deciding which one I want). It is my understanding when you order an Acadia with the GM 20 inch wheels you don't receive a factory wheel credit for the standard 18 inch wheels and tires since the 20 inch wheels are installed at the dealer. The dealers tell me they will give a small credit for the 18 inch wheels and tires but the buyer is probably better off keeping them as a spare set. Am I wrong in saying that the factory does not install 20 inch wheels on Acadias?

·
Registered
683 Posts
JBRedZ28 said:
It is my understanding when you order an Acadia with the GM 20 inch wheels you don't receive a factory wheel credit for the standard 18 inch wheels and tires since the 20 inch wheels are installed at the dealer. The dealers tell me they will give a small credit for the 18 inch wheels and tires but the buyer is probably better off keeping them as a spare set. Am I wrong in saying that the factory does not install 20 inch wheels on Acadias?
Well if you can order an Acadia with 20" wheels, would that not be installed at the factory? I don't know...maybe they only come as dealer add-ons? Never thought of it like that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I beleive they are dealer installed options. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
130 Posts
18" or 19" from factory
20" dealer installed option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts