GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got an e-mail from an GM product manager with this information. 2-Way Advanced remote should be available for ordering or very close to that status. I have part numbers for the remotes now and they are showing up in GM's systems. This is great news. Here is the infor I recieved. You need to look in your glove box and check for either an AP3 or AP8 code and order the proper remote.

2-Way Advanced Remote Start
$0.00
For Use on Vehicles with Extended Range Remote Lock Control (AP8), and Power Lift gate

2-Way Advanced Remote Start
$0.00
For Use on Vehicles with Remote Keyless Entry and Engine Start (AP3), and Power Lift gate

These are available for order through gmpartsdirect.com

GM LIST: $250.00
OUR PRICE: $211.75

GM LIST: $150.00
OUR PRICE: $127.05

·
Registered
339 Posts
I hope you are correct. Many of us have been waiting for them for ages.

·
Registered
730 Posts
finally, yet another news that it is coming out.. :angel:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have seen pictures of this thing, but why is it better than just a regular one? what additional functions does it give you?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I thought that this also required a different transmitter/receiver in the car? Any information on that?

·
Registered
158 Posts
s2acadia said:
I have seen pictures of this thing, but why is it better than just a regular one? what additional functions does it give you?
"This industry-leading technology features a key fob with two-way technology and a display screen that allows this accessory to display current vehicle status (i.e. lock, unlock, remote start) and critical vehicle data (including tire pressure, fuel level, odometer and content theft alarm status). It also offers an extended range compared to the factory system and can control a second vehicle if that vehicle is also equipped with this feature."

·
Registered
60 Posts
I put a cal into the part manager this morning and according to his research (said he got GM on the phone) the part numbers are good. He also said these are for '09 models but will/should work with the correct "codes" (AP8 or AP3). The downside is there is no stock avalible nor do they have a estimated time for avaliblity.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Why is the FOB, for vehicles of less capability, cost MORE?

The assumption would be that you GET more capability with the more expensive purchase (for vehicles with less capability).

I would have expected the FOB for remote start to be more expensive since it needs to do more.

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My kit was shipped this morning so I should have it tomorrow. I will have in installed in the enclave either tomorrow or saturday and I will post some pics and videos of it in action. So I guess it really is finally here and available to order. It should be in stock now. Also I have heard good things about the PAL also. I expect it to be released very soon.

·
Registered
812 Posts
finally a heads up for something we been waiting for ages....... ;D

i better email my dealer ASAP, oh no.... i been on the waiting list since.... :sleepy: :blob:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thought you guys might find this useful in case you have other GM vehicles and you want this options. Here is a full list of part numbers and compatibility list.

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
satyric said:
Kloogee said:
One of the Enclave forum members who appears to work for a dealer just posted installation instructions and pictures of these remotes.

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=2841.msg38663#msg38663

I think it is as big as we thought it was going to be from earlier pictures.
Can anyone post here? I'm not a member on that forum. Thanks.
Then enclave forum is run by the same admin that runs this site. You would have to register separately for that site just like you registered for this site.

·
Registered
164 Posts
satyric said:
Kloogee said:
One of the Enclave forum members who appears to work for a dealer just posted installation instructions and pictures of these remotes.

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=2841.msg38663#msg38663

I think it is as big as we thought it was going to be from earlier pictures.
Can anyone post the pictures here? I'm not a member on that forum. Thanks.
You do not have to register or be a member of the Enclave forum to the see the pictures. Since the poster put the pictures into his gallery, you just need to click on the camera icon under his name - see pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine is on its way via Fedex, hopefully be here tomorrow, I will post on it when I can. I already have remote start and the power liftgate.

·
Registered
730 Posts
yesterday i was quoted $84 for an hour's job of programming the remote start, how much are you guys getting?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have it, now I just need the installation instructions, or a location where to install the box and the antenna, if anyone has the info, I would appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts