GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My parents got into a wreck last week in their expedition. Everyone is fine, but the SUV is totaled. With that in mind, they asked my help in getting a new car (I have permanent new car bug!) :cheers:

The Acadia seems like a winner, but it is in it's first year so there is no data on it's reliability. From reading on this forum I haven't seen too many issues. One guy complained about the interior getting scraped up pretty easy, and another guy couldn't get his vehicle to start.........

So since the Acadia is so new are there any reliability issues or 1st year bugs that I need to know about? Is it true the interior doesn't hold up very well over time?

Thanks!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Well first off since you would be ordering now, or soon, you would be getting a 2008 so that would make it a second year run.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I bought mine in early January and have had no problems. Great car!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: 1st year reliability problems? Buying a new car next week, any advice will h

I haven't had mine too long but don't really have people scraping things across the dash either. Usually it's just hands touching the dash.

As far as the person who couldn't start it, I'm sure it was just a fluke pinpointed to that one Acadia. Kind of like the seals on a Honda going within 3500k. Does it happen? Sure. But most things like that are isolated incidents and can happen to any car. That situation is definitely not typical of the Acadia.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Any new car/truck will have issues - it was just reported today that the new Toyota Tundra has had an issue (in 20 trucks so far) where there is a defect in the drive shaft that has basically ruined the engines - they have/are replacing all the engines effected by the defective part - my point is that if there is any major issue I am sure the manufacturer will step up and fix the problem. You will read on here from some people who work building and designing the Acadia and they are dedicated to making this vehicle right.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I once bought a loaf of bread with a great big air bubble in the middle of it. All the jelly would drip out of my sanny. No recall, I ate the loss.

True story! And Orowheat never apologized too.

·
Registered
269 Posts
About 50 days old, 2 trips, 3,000 miles. No issues I am concerned about.

There is the unexpected reverse of the rear close operation, but I think I figured out the workaround (Don't start the car with the rear door open, opening, or closing-- and if you do, then just manual close the door).

Fit and finish is fantastic, we have no complaints about the titanium interior.

The dash isn't for storage, unless it is going in the bin. We have HUD, and don't want crap falling in there.

This is a vehicle which is getting better the longer we have it. Mama, Dada, and baby all love the car.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: 1st year reliability problems? Buying a new car next week, any advice will h

We've had ours 3 months and 5K miles. We couldn't be more happy with our purchase. There are LOTS of isolated issues here and a few real ones. The real issues will have solutions from the GMC folks soon.

My views are just like Mitchl's. Acadia get's better every day, every trip.

Unless you're folks will take settle for one on a lot, yes, you will be ordering a 2008.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts