GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Acadia intermittently will not shift above 1st gear, sometimes weeks without issue (maybe 4 times in three months). When it occurs, park/restart fixes the issue. Codes P0700 “TCS malfunction lamp request, confirmed” and P0752 “Solenoid A stuck open, confirmed”).
I’ve seen several posts concerning the wave plate cracking, but most of those reference notable issues with 3rd/5th gear. Others report the wave plate disintegrating and clogging solenoids. Few state to replace TCM. None state replace whole transmission... unless you don’t fix issue quickly, expecting it to fix itself, ha!
Most posts (again concerning 3rd/5th gear) are pretty dated, of course since dealing with older model. Has anyone dealt specifically with the my 1st gear issue and was it TCS or wave plate breaking?

·
Super Moderator
18,794 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Doesn't read like there's a problem with the wave plate. It's more like an intermittent problem with the TEHCM. How long has it been since the transmission fluid was changed?

·
Super Moderator
18,794 Posts
Speleos, Unfortunately, it’s unknown how long it’s been since the last oil change, as the vehicle came it as a trade-in.
Could be a good place to start. Clean transmission fluid may resolve the problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Those are the same codes I had when the waveplate went out on both my 2008 Enclave and 2007 Acadia. P0700 and P0752.
The Enclave transmission was replaced under warranty and I worked out a deal with GM to pay half the cost of a transmission on the Acadia. I ended up paying $3k out of pocket.
We no longer own the Enclave and the Acadia has been doing fine since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts