GMC Acadia Forum banner

18 month and 25,000 mile Acadia report card

5K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  vad1819 
#1 ·
After 18 months of ownership and 25,000 miles here is my assessment of my Acadia. I have tried to be as objective as possible in my grading, but this is just my opinion.

overall reliability 10 no problems here
styling and ergonomics 8.5 nice looking and comfortable
fit & finish outside 8.0 not perfect, but good
fit & finish inside 6.5 not great along with dash and console rattles
utility 9.5 Acadia's strong suit
quality of materials outside 8.0 probably as good as most
quality of materials inside 4.0 very cheap carpet and plastics,
noise and vibration 7.0 only average here with a fair amount of road noise
ride 8.0 nice blend
handling 7.0 good on the flats and fair in the mountains
snow and ice (awd) 9.5 very good in the snow
engine performance 4.5 not too peppy needs more torque or less weight
transmission performance 1.0 I have not had the latest update
fun to drive 3.0 just not a whole lot of fun to drive due to it's size
city mileage 3.5 can be very thirsty
highway mileage 7.5 much better on the open road
overall mileage 5.0
towing ability 4200 lbs. 3.0 90 degrees temp, flat and hilly roads @ 2800'
this is not a great tow vehicle for anything but a light trailer.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm pretty much in agreement with most of your ratings, BBC, except I have had the May 8th tranny update so I'd probably give the tranny a 6 or 7 now (would have agreed with your 1 pre-flash).

The only number that surprises me a bit is the 10 for reliability - I thought I recall you having some minor problems but maybe I've got you confused with somebody else. The only way I would give any vehicle a 10 for reliability is if I never had it back to the shop for anything other than scheduled maintenance.

#3 ·
I'd have to rate ours a 9 as nothing is perfect! Don't have towing. Wife moved up from a 98 GT Grandprix to compare with! Body is perfect, inside is great, quality is great inside and out, shifts and rides nice w power when required, mpg is fantasic, and handles like old Grand Prix.
We can't ask for anything more, can you??? Maybe we could rate ours a 10, I guess, after all!

#4 ·
loach said:
I'm pretty much in agreement with most of your ratings, BBC, except I have had the May 8th tranny update so I'd probably give the tranny a 6 or 7 now (would have agreed with your 1 pre-flash).

The only number that surprises me a bit is the 10 for reliability - I thought I recall you having some minor problems but maybe I've got you confused with somebody else. The only way I would give any vehicle a 10 for reliability is if I never had it back to the shop for anything other than scheduled maintenance.
I've never had any mechanical problems and that is what I based the reliability on.

#5 ·
What's the tranny update? We just purchased our 08 at the beginning of August. Should it already have the update? What's the reason for the update?

#6 ·
1990ss said:
What's the tranny update? We just purchased our 08 at the beginning of August. Should it already have the update? What's the reason for the update?
Read the long string on the May 8th transmission update. You'll need the TSB #.

#7 ·
1990ss said:
Welcome to the forum. Please update your signature and fill us in on your vehicle details.

And some more help here

#9 ·
#10 ·
I can still say this is the first car I have had this long that I still love. I would give it an overall 9. Could be better at somethings. However I got what I wanted. If I wanted better performance I would have purchased a car. I needed something that can haul people and boxes. Sometimes at the same time. I have no complaints with what it is.

With 45,000 miles I have had no major problems. Just took it in for an oil change today. They did notice a leak of the power steering fluid and oil. Don't know what that is all about. Going in next week to resolve that.

Cheers!

#11 ·
Hi everyone.
I have not post here for long, long, long time, because I didn't have a single issue. I have almost 18 month of ownership and 16,700 miles on this car now. Overall it's a very good family vehicle, a lot space, hwy quite and friendly :angel:. The city driving is ok, 19-20 mpg.
I have done in the maintenance wise two tranny updates, one power window switch change(broken spring), oil change every 3-5k, tire rotations and that's it.
Would I buy again?
Yes if you have big family and using third row seat sometimes. I have almost two more year to decide keep or give it away(smart buy).
My one of the children is 17 y.o., so probably I will give away a car and will get something smaller. You don't get me wrong, but it's a huge car, I have moved a L-shape coach from Costco. Of course, I did two trips.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.