GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 18" Acadia factory rims are getting pitted, marked and chipped on each of the spokes of each rim.

Its like GM used a very poor quality paint that can't withstand the punishment of the road.

I have the factory running boards and mudflaps, so I've my part in preventing this from happening; its getting worse. I don't drive on gravel roads

I am taking it into the Dealer for an explanation this week

Any one else with the same problem?

·
Registered
752 Posts
What part of the country are you in? Do you get snow on the roads? Do they salt the roads? Did you notice the problem before winter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes will live in an area that has lots of snow...I've owned lots of 4 X 4, never seen anything like this on the factory wheels

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I found this thread, but I swear that I read another thread on here about someone having a problem with a wheel. They went back to the Dealership to get it taken care of, the dealership contacted GM directly and they ended up replacing the wheel. I AM PRETTY SURE I REMEMBER THIS, does this ring a bell for anyone else?

Aircooled, I would keep searching on the forum under wheel, or replaced, something but keep searching I am sure it is in here somewhere.
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1057.0

·
Registered
234 Posts
I agree with Bonk...I swear I remember reading somewhere about a bad batch of wheels that had the same sympton of being prone to scratching and clouding within the clear coat...

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts