GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone is wondering about custom 18's, I just got home tonight from getting my custom Granite Alloy 18's with new Goodyear Fortera's. I put 66K miles on the original Fortera's so I just went with them again. They are the chrome GX1 model. I prefer the ride of a taller tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Wow, pretty snaz! Those will look really sharp. Did you buy them at a retail store, or on-line? Approx. cost?

Thx,

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I "got" them at Discount Tire. They replaced my originals, free of charge, AFTER scratching my original painted stock wheels. :angryfire: They can be purchased through TireRack on line for $210.00 each in chrome. They also offer silver machined look. However, I bought the tires. They discounted them too. Down to $500 total even with 66K miles. It has been quite an ordeal but the Discount Tire store manager really did a great job of rectifying the situation. Make sure that whatever wheel you put on that it has a 40+ mm or so offset. By the way, they look GREAT!!!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
mabco66 said:
In case anyone is wondering about custom 18's, I just got home tonight from getting my custom Granite Alloy 18's with new Goodyear Fortera's. I put 66K miles on the original Fortera's so I just went with them again. They are the chrome GX1 model. I prefer the ride of a taller tire.
Your 08 has 66K miles on it?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I think he wins for most miles :eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jsimms said:
mabco66 said:
Your 08 has 66K miles on it?
Actually nearly 67K. I drive over 3K per month.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
For sure 66 is the winner of high mileage tire wear award!!! I will be looking for any truck version replacement tire with harder compound instead of one that is intended for 3,000 lb vehicle. Maybe by July I can find a high mileage truck version tire. :cheers:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Narg said:
Your Acadia looks fantastic for 67K miles on it. Great job on the upkeep.
Take care of the car and the car will take care of you. I only hand wash. Park in left field (when possible). I also have floor mats on top of my floor mats.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
mabco66 said:
Narg said:
Your Acadia looks fantastic for 67K miles on it. Great job on the upkeep.
Take care of the car and the car will take care of you. I only hand wash. Park in left field (when possible)[/color]. I also have floor mats on top of my floor mats.
:clap2: so I'm not the only one that parks 1/2 mile away from the store entrance!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts