GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited by Moderator)
I ended up ceramic coating the Acadia, I am pleased with the results. Definitely increased the gloss, but the biggest difference is how clean it stays. It gets less dirty and water just falls off it.
You can see the water doesn't actually bead up like wax, it actually balls up abs almost hovers above the paint

·
Registered
2020 GMC Acadia SLT FWD V6
666 Posts
Interesting thread. Not sure I would have started off with sanding unless the paint was really that trashed but his results proved worthwhile. Sanding really doesn't take that much time so long as you know what you are doing, pressure to apply, and when to stop. Wonder if he ever ceramic coated the interior as well?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Interesting thread. Not sure I would have started off with sanding unless the paint was really that trashed but his results proved worthwhile. Sanding really doesn't take that much time so long as you know what you are doing, pressure to apply, and when to stop. Wonder if he ever ceramic coated the interior as well?
I have not tried ceramic coating the interior.
I find most stuff can be handled with a buffer, but sometimes it's simply easier or faster to use a little 2000 and 3000 first before using a buffer.
Either way, before I locked in the paint with ceramic, I just wanted to make sure it was perfect.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Acadia SLT FWD V6
666 Posts
Your still around! Great! What was your brand for sandpaper? I like Trizact and 3M. Did you use the RID Stix or another block type? One has to determine whether its worth heating the panel with a DA or a Rotary as compared to sanding. Cant really know what will be involved without doing a test spot, unless its horrifically hammered and then its sand all the way!

I strongly suggest coating all interior pieces (seats, plastics, carpet) especially if you have kids or carry food in the car. Also, who is your brand of choice? I prefer CarPro and Meguiars.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Your still around! Great! What was your brand for sandpaper? I like Trizact and 3M. Did you use the RID Stix or another block type? One has to determine whether its worth heating the panel with a DA or a Rotary as compared to sanding. Cant really know what will be involved without doing a test spot, unless its horrifically hammered and then its sand all the way!

I strongly suggest coating all interior pieces (seats, plastics, carpet) especially if you have kids or carry food in the car. Also, who is your brand of choice? I prefer CarPro and Meguiars.
Sorry, i dont seem to be getting emails to new replies.
I use 3m sand paper. 1000/2000and trizact 3000 on a foam block.
In the Acadia case, most of the paint was great, but i could tell it had seen a few automatic car washes and i just wanted the paint perfect before coating it.
I like 3m, I have a bunch of chem guys stuff which i am not a big fan of, but am just trying to use here and there so its not a waste. I really like the 3d-one stuff as of late.

I'd like to pick of a paint thickness tool next, little peace of mind when sanding or using a rotary

21 - 26 of 26 Posts