GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how different the 20 is from the 17-19? Does the 20 represent a whole new generation or does it still slot into the 17-19 era?

To be honest, I hope it's connected because I'd really prefer not to have an orphaned generation that makes parts and aftermarket options harder to get.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
My understanding is it's just a face lift. You can go to gmc.com and view both the '19 and the '20. Most noticeable change on the '20 is the push button shifter.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I'm wondering how different the 20 is from the 17-19? Does the 20 represent a whole new generation or does it still slot into the 17-19 era?

To be honest, I hope it's connected because I'd really prefer not to have an orphaned generation that makes parts and aftermarket options harder to get.
The biggest differences are the 9 speed, push button select transmission, a 2.0L turbo 4 cylinder engine option ( besides the previous 3.6L V6 And other 2.5L 4 cylinder) and different front and rear treatments including headlight and tail light changes.

·
Super Moderator
19,791 Posts
It's still part of the 2nd generation (C1XX-platform) Acadia - just a mid-cycle refresh of it. A similar thing happened with the 1st generation (Lambda-platform) Acadia in 2013.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

There are also less in the way of trim levels for 2020. And some differences in what was standard in 2019 trim levels and what is not in in the 2020 trim levels. So depending on what you wish for options, a good study and comparison of the 2019 and 2020 configurations is a good idea for study.

2019 Trim Levels - - SL, SLE-1, SLE-2. SLT-1, SLT-2 & Denali. With - - - 11 Configurations, 10 Colors

2020 Trim Levels - - SL, SLE, SLT, AT4 and Denali . . . With 8 Configurations, 9 Colors

2019 Acadia Trim Levels at Cars.com

2020 Acadia Trim Levelsat Cars.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’ve got a ‘17 and had a ‘20 as a loaner while mine was getting some warranty work done to it. Biggest things I noticed is much smoother shifting from that 9-speed transmission and the radio unit had the newer GM interface screen on it.

It really was a lot more fun and felt better to drive over mine...not sure if that’s worth the price difference though. Both mine and the loaner are Denali models with the V6 engine.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I’ve got a ‘17 and had a ‘20 as a loaner while mine was getting some warranty work done to it. Biggest things I noticed is much smoother shifting from that 9-speed transmission and the radio unit had the newer GM interface screen on it.

It really was a lot more fun and felt better to drive over mine...not sure if that’s worth the price difference though. Both mine and the loaner are Denali models with the V6 engine.
May i ask .. . curious as to what warranty work was needed. As a newer owner, I and others hope to be on the look out for any thing that may need attention while under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
19,791 Posts
May i ask .. . curious as to what warranty work was needed. As a newer owner, I and others hope to be on the look out for any thing that may need attention while under warranty.
That's for another thread with each item in an appropriate part of the forum. It doesn't belong in this discussion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts