GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2013 Acadia with the factory 18 inch rims. Put snow tires on it last fall and am now looking for a set of rims to put either all terrain or mud terrain tires on. I know i can get 265/75r16 tires considerably cheaper with a lot more choices and can buy a lot of decent sets of 16 inch pickup rims used. And they make a 6x132 to 6x5.5 converter that would give it a nice stance as it would move the tire out just slightly. The problem is although the tire will clear and look nicer i dont know if the rim will clear the braking components

·
Super Moderator
19,551 Posts
Could find out easy enough if you had inside and outside measurement calipers.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I've got a 2013 Acadia with the factory 18 inch rims. Put snow tires on it last fall and am now looking for a set of rims to put either all terrain or mud terrain tires on. I know i can get 265/75r16 tires considerably cheaper with a lot more choices and can buy a lot of decent sets of 16 inch pickup rims used. And they make a 6x132 to 6x5.5 converter that would give it a nice stance as it would move the tire out just slightly. The problem is although the tire will clear and look nicer i dont know if the rim will clear the braking components
When you find out. . that would be good data to post.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I'm guessing I'll have to do. All of the trucks i have around are 8 bolt rims. I dont know for sure but i think 6 lug rims designed for a lighter truck would have lighter castings and possibly a larger inside diameter on the rims. I was kinda hoping i wasn't the first to have this idea and someone may have tried already

·
Super Moderator
19,551 Posts
You could always get a set of 17-inch wheels made for a Traverse. They'll fit perfectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts