GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first time Acadia owner here, we picked up our Silver SLT back in April, so far I've loved the car and have only had a few minor issues (Shift to park issue, warranty replacement, and power door lock module failure, warranty replacement). I'm running into a weird one that I can't figure out. I've been able to use the two usb ports in the front center console above the shifter for Android Auto just fine, the charging speed is slow, to the point to where I lose battery if I'm running Waze. So I picked up an Anker 12V USB Fast Charger, when i plug it in and hook up my phone it starts charging but then stops, starts again, repeat. I've tried the adapter in my other car and it works perfectly. I ordered another brand thinking that maybe the Acadia just didn't like the first one, but it does the same thing, its almost like its tripping a fuse or overload circuit.

Has anyone run into this and found a solution or a fast charging plug that works? I would love to have a fast charger up front for long trips. On a side note, the 120V plug in the rear seats powers a standard fast wall charger just fine. The rear 12V ports do the same thing as the front ones, and don't work either.

·
Super Moderator
20,315 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Seems like something to add to your warranty repair list next time the vehicle's in for service. There's always a check on the power adapter fuses you could do in the meantime. A map of the fuse boxes will be in your owner's manual. Each receptacle will likely have its own fuse.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
No experience with fast chargers on my '18. I have used Waze for the 12 hour run from Baltimore to Atlanta a couple of times and never had an issue with the charger keeping up with the phone.

Are you sure you don't have a phone issue?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'm thinking phone issue also. Can you eliminate that by trying another phone?
My front USB ports charge so quickly that I almost posted a thread about it, seriously. Amazed me.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Perhaps the socket in the Acadia is a little different fit. They are supplied by some vendor GM chooses so who knows?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey guys, first time Acadia owner here, we picked up our Silver SLT back in April, so far I've loved the car and have only had a few minor issues (Shift to park issue, warranty replacement, and power door lock module failure, warranty replacement). I'm running into a weird one that I can't figure out. I've been able to use the two usb ports in the front center console above the shifter for Android Auto just fine, the charging speed is slow, to the point to where I lose battery if I'm running Waze. So I picked up an Anker 12V USB Fast Charger, when i plug it in and hook up my phone it starts charging but then stops, starts again, repeat. I've tried the adapter in my other car and it works perfectly. I ordered another brand thinking that maybe the Acadia just didn't like the first one, but it does the same thing, its almost like its tripping a fuse or overload circuit.

Has anyone run into this and found a solution or a fast charging plug that works? I would love to have a fast charger up front for long trips. On a side note, the 120V plug in the rear seats powers a standard fast wall charger just fine. The rear 12V ports do the same thing as the front ones, and don't work either.
try a different charging cord. I've found that the cheap ones are worthless in a car.

·
Registered
987 Posts
try a different charging cord. I've found that the cheap ones are worthless in a car.
Good thought. When I was setting up Android Auto, just couldn't get it to work. Did some research, found people had issues with aftermarket cords. Switched to the one working Samsung cord, perfect.

·
Super Moderator
20,315 Posts
I use some bargain cord from Walmart in my '18 and have no issues.
Good thought. When I was setting up Android Auto, just couldn't get it to work. Did some research, found people had issues with aftermarket cords. Switched to the one working Samsung cord, perfect.
I believe the OP is having trouble getting power to an adapter from the cigarette lighter receptacle. The talk about 'cords' doesn't help that situation much.

·
Super Moderator
20,315 Posts
The thread title mentions the lighter receptacle but the post talks about the USB ports.
It's the sentence about a 12V adapter which gives it away. That, and a statement about the rear receptacles not working either.

·
Super Moderator
20,315 Posts
USB ports aren't 12VDC. I think max is 5V. I'm reading it as the adapter itself has a built-in USB cord - maybe an extra USB port, too. I have a few cigarette lighter adapters like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts