GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how many there are and what the location is? Cannot seem to find in GMC web site.

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
There is one, and it's located on the back side of the front console, or at the feet of the second-row passengers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that's depressing. How do people charge all their stuff - Ipods, phones, and misc other stuff? I have test driven and REALLY like the Acadia, but that would be a deal-breaker. As far as I've been able to tell, most other vehicles of this class have 2 in front and 1 in the rear.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm not sure ifthe Acadia mirrors the Outlook, but on the Outlook they are located:
On the console under the climate controls
In the center console storage area under the armrest
Behind the center console near the floor
In the cargo area along the driver side panel

So there ought to be four of them.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
There is only one 115volt electrical outlet. There are 4-12v cigarette lighter plugs. 1 on the front consle, 1 in the armrest, 1 at the bottom of the center console (at the feet of the 2nd row passengers next to the 115v plug) and 1 more in the cargo area.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Traclavelook said:
There is one, and it's located on the back side of the front console, or at the feet of the second-row passengers.
I think your referring to the 115v plug

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
scotted73 said:
I'm not sure ifthe Acadia mirrors the Outlook, but on the Outlook they are located:
On the console under the climate controls
In the center console storage area under the armrest
Behind the center console near the floor
In the cargo area along the driver side panel

So there ought to be four of them.
I guess I was typing as you replied. OOPS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all very much - was hoping that the original reply was for the 115V. The Acadia, if a bit big for our needs, really impressed me. I particularly loved the lack of "plood", the 3-stage heated seats with option for back only (got a dicey back), remote start and the other goodies. Was concerned about the tx problems I'd read about, but took it up a couple of hills and it seemed fine to me. Am comparing against MDX, new Highlander, and possibly the new Murano. Still remains at the top of the list.

·
Registered
164 Posts
jimmy2x said:
Thank you all very much - was hoping that the original reply was for the 115V. The Acadia, if a bit big for our needs, really impressed me. I particularly loved the lack of "plood", the 3-stage heated seats with option for back only (got a dicey back), remote start and the other goodies. Was concerned about the tx problems I'd read about, but took it up a couple of hills and it seemed fine to me. Am comparing against MDX, new Highlander, and possibly the new Murano. Still remains at the top of the list.
Canadiandriver.com has a review of the '08 highlander with lots of good pictures. Although there is an error in which the author states that the third row has split folding. I couldn't find it on the the Toyo site and the pictures indicate otherwise.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/08highlander_td.htm

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ROFLMAO - Was not aware of the 1st definition ;). Yes, I meant plastic wood - something I've picked up spending way too much time on auto forums.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
...there is an error in which the author states that the third row has split folding. I couldn't find it on the the Toyo site and the pictures indicate otherwise.

Absolutely true that Highlander's 3rd row is a single piece instead of split. Am sure that this is a problem for a lot of people but since it is only the two of us, I doubt very much whether we would ever have any use for it and it would likely go flat the day we buy it, never to be rasied again.

The Acadia (or whichever) will be used to replace my company car which obviously will go away when I retire later this year. It will be used primarily as a "trip" car and we will continue to use my wife's Camry for normal everyday use. We'll likely only put 10-12K miles per year on it, so the gas milage will not be so much of an issue as would be for a daily commuter. Priorities are comfort and the ability to haul a fairly serious amount of "stuff".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts