GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 12 volt outlets stay hot even when the car is turned off?

I know they stay hot , at least a short time after the key is removed, but do they "auto off" after some time?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Unless the SLE is wired differently, I just checked ours & both the dash and the one on the back of the center console are both hot all the time (no key in ignition).

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Unless the SLE is wired differently, I just checked ours & both the dash and the one on the back of the center console are both hot all the time (no key in ignition).
Same on my SLT1; but then again it should follow suit with the SLT2

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
jsimms said:
Same on my SLT1; but then again it should follow suit with the SLT2
As well it does, folks. I usually leave my c-phone charger plugged into the cigarette lighter socket (****, can I say that here?) and the light is still on the next day. The phone's charged, too!
;D

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
speleos said:
As well it does, folks. I usually leave my c-phone charger plugged into the cigarette lighter socket (darn, can I say that here?)[/color] and the light is still on the next day. The phone's charged, too!
;D
speleos; did you get in trouble?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
Does anyone know if the 12 volt outlets stay hot even when the car is turned off?

I know they stay hot , at least a short time after the key is removed, but do they "auto off" after some time?

Thanks.
Yes. My SLE does as well. I keep my GPS unit plugged into the outlet in the center console storage compartment all the time, keeps it charged for when I need it. :) And I have a USB charger plugged into the outlet under the radio, and the red light on that is constantly lit.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Web Raven said:
Yes. My SLE does as well. I keep my GPS unit plugged into the outlet in the center console storage compartment all the time, keeps it charged for when I need it. :) And I have a USB charger plugged into the outlet under the radio, and the red light on that is constantly lit.
I guess you're not concerned about killing the battery; I mean I doubt these devices are drawing too much power

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
jsimms said:
I guess you're not concerned about killing the battery; I mean I doubt these devices are drawing too much power
Nope, can't say that I am. My GPS goes into power-save mode once it is fully charged. And nothing is plugged into the little USB charger when I'm not in the car. It just has a tiny red light that is lit up showing it has power to it.

If these two things are capable of taking down my Acadia's battery, then I think I have bigger problems.

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
jsimms said:
speleos; did you get in trouble?
Just wondered if was politically correct to call it what it really is!

Not asked, but known that the 110 outlet stays 'hot' as well.

BTW Raven, have you been watching too many BK commercials? ???

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
speleos said:
BTW Raven, have you been watching too many BK commercials? ???
I don't watch commercials. Nor do I eat at Burger King (assuming that's what you meant by BK). Why do you ask?

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
Web Raven said:
I don't watch commercials. Nor do I eat at Burger King (assuming that's what you meant by BK). Why do you ask?
Sponge Bob and squared-butted women are the focus of the new Burger King commercial. It's created quite the controversy on news channels. Is it "politically-correct" or not to show shapely women dancing with phone books in the back of their shorts and have the 'King' point to their butts while some hip-hop artist supplies the backgound music. Can you picture that?

:nono:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
speleos said:
Sponge Bob and squared-butted women are the focus of the new Burger King commercial. It's created quite the controversy on news channels. Is it "politically-correct" or not to show shapely women dancing with phone books in the back of their shorts and have the 'King' point to their butts while some hip-hop artist supplies the backgound music. Can you picture that?

:nono:
Good grief. Seriously? One of my employer's subsidiaries is the largest Burger King distributor in the US. I hadn't heard of this latest commercial nonsense. I used to think the Whopper / Whopper Jr. commercials were kind of funny though. Personally, the King and his plastic-ness freaks me out.

Just gives me further reason to forward past commercials on my DVR'd programs.

I just happen to like Sponge Bob. Not really the cartoon. That can seriously lower your IQ level when watched. But the character. I collect Sponge Bob stuff.

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
It's really no worse than the song "Fat-bottomed Girls" you make the rockin' world go round, only in video.

The plastic king is a bit too much, though. Who's the 'vert behind the mask and wearing tights? If I had kids, I wouldn't let him near them.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
speleos said:
The plastic king is a bit too much, though. Who's the 'vert behind the mask and wearing tights? If I had kids, I wouldn't let him near them.
I completely agree. I'm so glad that we don't have a life-size plastic BK King sitting in our reception area upstairs with the life-size plastic Ronald McDonald (we're also the largest distributor for McDonalds). Ronald has freaked me out plenty of times when I get to the office early in the morning. If I had to face that King... *ugh* I shudder at the thought. Yet they continue to make those stupid commercials with him. Unreal.

(I'll get it out of the way now... our company is also the largest beer distributor in the US. LOL) :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
Can we have a Forum party on youtr annual benefits package?
:dancing:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
speleos said:
Can we have a Forum party on youtr annual benefits package?
:dancing:
Sorry I already went through most of the 10% bonus that I received this year and for some reason, I'm really good at spending my regular salary. Must be a female thing. :p ;D Maybe next year. We did get two cases of bottled Heineken and Miller Lite at Christmas that I didn't drink. Maybe this Christmas I can donate it to the forum. :beer: Unfortunately I ate the steaks and used up the Mc D's gift Certificates right away.

What was this thread about again? :hijacked:

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
12 volts, which is really 13.5 from the alternator :angel:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
speleos said:
12 volts, which is really 13.5 from the alternator :angel:
Or, possibly 12 of these... or 13.5 depending on how you look at it.

The good news is, despite the thread-jack, we did actually answer the question. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
speleos said:
Not asked, but known that the 110 outlet stays 'hot' as well.
Are you sure about this? Both my now defunct Outlook and my Acadia 110 outlet goes off at the opening of the driver door and key out. I would imagine they do because of the things plugged into them will pull way more energy.

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
Web Raven said:
Or, possibly 12 of these... or 13.5 depending on how you look at it.

The good news is, despite the thread-jack, we did actually answer the question. :thumb:
meet me on Let's Vent when I start my diatribe on "green" stuff. The Volt will be included.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts