GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's one item on the Acadia that I've pondered a few times - and thought I'd ask our smart population of Acadia owners whether or not they know the current rating of the 115V outlet in the rear console (when so equiped). Does the outlet provide 200, 400 watts? I'm sure it easily powers a laptop, but can it handle my blender (when at the campsite, of couse)?. Does the owners manual state the specs? I'm not an owner yet.

Smooth <><

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
If you want to use the Acadia to run a blender, then you will need to install an aftermarket inverter. I used to put them in trucks for construction folks that wanted to run their power equipment out on the job where there was no AC. You can get some pretty beefy AC off of a car, but what comes with the Acadia is not going to do much more than a video game or laptop. To get a feel for what is out there look at http://www.theinverterstore.com.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JF & GAR,

Thx for the feedback. I'm sure my blender would trip the fuse! I'll have to continue to use my portable 400W inverter except when using my laptop or viewing a dvd.

Smooth <><

1 - 4 of 4 Posts