GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

We had some bad storms last night, and lost power, so I had the bright idea of plugging some appliances into the aux power outlet. Well, apparantly I tried too many at once. The appliances flickered on and off a few times, then shut off completely. Now, nothing I plug into the 115 volt outlet powers up.

So, I'm worried my 115 volt Outlet might have a short? Is there a way to reset or test it?

thanks

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
You probably just blew the fuse and will have to replace it. If you overload the outlet, the fuse will blow. The outlet's not designed to plug multiple appliances into it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
stiffi said:
Hey everybody,

We had some bad storms last night, and lost power, so I had the bright idea of plugging some appliances into the aux power outlet. Well, apparantly I tried too many at once. The appliances flickered on and off a few times, then shut off completely. Now, nothing I plug into the 115 volt outlet powers up.

So, I'm worried my 115 volt Outlet might have a short? Is there a way to reset or test it?

thanks
The outlet was not designed as a generator!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Nu2GMC said:
stiffi said:
Hey everybody,

thanks
The outlet was not designed as a generator!
Heck, the outlet really can't power much at all. I think it will do 150 Watts. That's not enough to run much more than some simple electronics items and even some electronics items will overload it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
OH NO!!! and i was planning of taking our microwave and toaster with us on our yearly cross country road trip...... ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
And my wife can't curl her hair while we drive. DANG!!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
stiffi said:
Hey everybody,

thanks
You call it a short but I call it a blown fuse. Next time you should probably remove the fuse and replace it with a chunk of foil. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
coloradoGM - You are likely correct. It is much more likely to be an open (i.e. blown fuse). If we use the foil for the fuse, then we will likely get a short somewhere. Let's hope you are right that it is a fuse only.

PS - A paper clip works well too. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can not believe that someone actually tried to run household appliances. I am sure glad that the Darwin theory is actually occuring, some people just should not be allowed to go outside. :'( :'(

·
Registered
533 Posts
Some folks just think of it as another outlet. Kinda like the guy who attempted to use his microwave to dry his cat quickly.

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Smooth said:
Some folks just think of it as another outlet. Kinda like the guy who attempted to use his microwave to dry his cat quickly.

Smooth <><[/color]
I was only 2 when I put my sister's cat in there... It was cold outside and I thought the cat would be warmer inside. Gosh, i'll never live that down.

Anyway, I can't seem to get my power outlet to work either. Checked the fuse, and tried all sorts of things to make it work, but no luck. I guess i'll have to visit the dealership as well.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
4LitreRR said:
Smooth said:

Smooth <><[/color]
I was only 2 when I put my sister's cat in there... It was cold outside and I thought the cat would be warmer inside. Gosh, i'll never live that down.
Did you actually turn it on?
How long do heat a cat to rewarm it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Did you actually turn it on?
How long do heat a cat to rewarm it?
Well, it was one of those older models that turned on when you shut the door. I don't know how long it was in there, but my grandmother found her and from what I hear, it wasn't pretty. I don't remember a thing about it, but I know my grandmother won't forget it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Does the microwave dry out the cat too much and turn it into JERKY!!!! I don't like to fight my food..... :banghead:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts