GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the acadia is suppose to have 5w30 oil in it because it say so in the manual and on the filler cap. does it make a difference if 10w30 is put in instead. i ask because i just had my oil changed and noticed when i got home that my paperwork says 10w30 :banghead:eek:n it. i had the oil changed at the dealer where i bought the truck because they have free lifetime oil changes, i dont think the weight will make too much of a difference----opinions??? ???

·
Registered
395 Posts
Generally speaking, in the summer, it shouldn't make a difference. The 5W or 10W number relates to the viscosity of the oil at colder temperatures.

One thing to be careful of is to make sure the oil meets the GM spec that the owner's manual specifies... GM6094M. Some list it on the bottle (Havoline) and some don't label the bottle but it is listed on the spec sheet on the website (Pennzoil). I haven't been able to determine if some of the others meet the spec or not.

Not sure how important it is but since the oil spec is stated to be required and the oil change intervals are calculated depending on the driving conditions and the specified oil- I would ensure the 10W30 you got meets the GM6094M spec, so that there are no warranty issues later. (Since it was done by the dealer it would probably be pretty tough to deny a warranty claim but better safe than sorry.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts