GMC Acadia Forum banner

100 mile range

8K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Nvr2loud 
#1 ·
So driving home this afternoon-- Im on the highway...
I look at my gas gauge- and think-- going to have to get gas soon. It was a bit above the 1/8 tank mark.
I begin toggling thru the DIC menus items.....

trip A--- which I reset last time I gassed up. = 325 miles.
toggle more---
Fuel range--- 100 miles....

100 miles... WTheck?
I toggle thru the rest of the items...

Current MPG on this tank- 21.7. which is combined city/hwy

I was a little surprissed to see the range at 100- but all the other parameters add up.
Im going to drive until I get the low fuel light. and see what I get.

#2 ·
I think you could have a little less than 5 gals (4.6 or so). That would give you 100 miles. Could be the result of uneven fillups... squeezing a bit more in, topping off; as opposed to pulling the gas hose as soon as it automatically shuts off. Maybe? Maybe not?

#3 ·
rbarrios is not a top-off kinda guy; it's the "special" GM engine/programming or whatever GM did before they delivered his vehicle with 350 miles on the odometer

#4 ·
Is there a problem with what you saw, RB? Or, is this just a rhetorical post?

#5 ·
no dont top off. I let it auto shut off.

I dont think theres a problem...
BUT----
I was really surprissed to see 100 mile range- considering that I looked at the needle and thought-- Ill need gas soon... In my head I was thinking 25 miles for the light to come on.

Now Im thinking im going to drive maybe 30-40 miles and the low fuel light is going to come on....
The range is probably including the 'spare' 2 or so gallons that remain when the light comes on.

#7 ·
Our SLE doesn't have this level of DIC with mpg but in another GM product I sometimes drive, the range seems to fluctuate based on short term driving styles, and does include the reserve fuel.

#8 ·
I don't have a DIC yet! :)

Anyway, I'm just waiting for the wiring harness to arrive at my local dealership, then I'm going to tackle the DIC install. I've got the switch assembly, the cut-out, and the wiring diagrams all ready to go!

#10 ·
rbarrios said:
hows a 2012 with tow, heated seats, DVD etc. not have DIC?

this a canadian thing?
Because it is still an SLE and the DIC isn't available unless you have an SLT or Denali in Canada.

I had to pay extra for the Towing, winter package, and DVD

#12 ·
rbarrios said:
wow-- that high a trim to get DIC. very interesting.
On the Traverse its LS, LT1,LT2, LTZ.
Once you reach LT1 the DIC is included.
My local dealer just called, my DIC wiring harness has arrived!!!

#13 ·
you have intructions on the install?
I thoughtr I saw a post on the outlook forum from an owner with a 2008-- that put up instruction on adding the DIC- and wires and etc etc

#14 ·
rbarrios said:
you have intructions on the install?
I thoughtr I saw a post on the outlook forum from an owner with a 2008-- that put up instruction on adding the DIC- and wires and etc etc
I've got a few wiring diagrams and just waiting for some time to attempt, I'll report back.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.