GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this intermittent problem?

When the doors are locked with the remote, once in a while the rear passenger door does not lock. Then when it is opened before the doors are unlocked remotely, the alarm goes off. ???

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It makes total sense that the alarm would go off if the system thinks the door was locked and then it was opened. The system assumes that fowl play occurred in order for the door to become unlocked.

I had this problem on another car and it was just an intermittent door lock and it was fixed under warranty. The dealer should be able to fix this one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks GAR, I understand the alarm, that's a good thing. Problem will be dealer replicating the issue. :-\

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
On the car I had the problem with, even though it was intermittent, they took my word for it and said they would replace a component at a time in the door until the problem went away. I got lucky and the first thing they replace fixed it. Or perhaps just taking it apart and putting it back together fixed it. Either way, they solved my problem without requiring to see it themselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts