GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got word from my dealer today that my car is in Utah (I'm in Idaho) so it is 1-2 weeks away! :rock:

Originally he said it would take 6-10 weeks. A few weeks after that he said to expect 10-12 weeks. Well, this week marks the 5-week point so, if he is correct, it will have only taken 6-7 weeks.

Now to deal with Conquest cash. He said that there is $500 available for that but I don't qualify because I'm not on some manifest??? We'll have to see about that!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
:bs: Conquest has nothing to do with "some manifest". It's available to anyone who owns a non-GM car.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought but thanks for confirming. I'll have to "school" my dealer! :cheers:

·
Registered
71 Posts
loach said:
:bs: Conquest has nothing to do with "some manifest". It's available to anyone who owns a non-GM car.
I don't think it applies if you do Supplier Discount.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
pokesfan said:
loach said:
I don't think it applies if you do Supplier Discount.
That may be true. You're not using supplier pricing are you jfencl? Originally I was going to use supplier pricing through a friend until I found out I could not use my GM Card points with it. Don't know whether they would have given me conquest with it or not.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I'm not using supplier discount.

·
Registered
24 Posts
jfencl, you will have to school Edmark, I did too. When I bought mine back in February (also from Erick) he knew very little about the Acadia, rode in it for the first time when he and I test drove it and in fact asked me a couple of questions about it because I did so much research. Kind of embarrassing for him and the dealer I thought and if I had been relying on them for information about the Acadia would never have bought from them. Once we were ready to sign I brought up the $500 conquest and they all acted like they (salesman, manager, etc.) had never heard about it - then the salesman came back saying it was fine and nothing more was said about it. I think you have to keep these dealers honest. I don't know if they can turn around and use this conquest for themselves somehow without giving it to the customer, but it makes you wonder. From what I've been reading on this site the dealers aren't mentioning it but instead are giving it only when the customer asks for it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info, kgbradley. I might even take a copy of this thread to Edmark. :cheers:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting...

My wife just called and said that our car (at least we assume it's ours) is in. She was driving down the highway and saw it. Went to look at it and there it was, still in it's protective wrap (how she described it). That puts us just shy of six weeks! Not too shabby!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
loach said:
Looks like we'll be picking up our vehicle tonight. Dealer still insists that $500 Conquest Cash is by invitation only. I guess we'll fight that one out when we go to pay for it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
loach said:
Would someone please explain just what this "Conquest Cash" is and how to get it? Where can I find
some information on it? Until this forum I had never heard of it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're supposed to get it if you have a non-GM vehicle. Supposedly you just show your registration and you're in (if it's offered on that vehicle).

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
cathyn said:
loach said:
Would someone please explain just what this "Conquest Cash" is and how to get it? Where can I find
some information on it? Until this forum I had never heard of it.
Here's how autodollars.com describes it:

Non-GM Owner Conquest
Owners/Leasees of Non-GM Vehicles get the following toward buy or lease:

2007 Acadia = $1000 2008 Acadia= $500

Non GM Vehicle is: Non Buick- Cadillac- Chevrolet- Oldsmobile- Pontiac-GMC-Saab-Saturn-HUMMER
OK to transfer within household with prooof of residency retained in deal. Not required to trade qualifier vehicle.

OK with Rebate, APR or Lease. Not Available with other coupons.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks guys for the info - we ordered a 2008 on 7/6 and dealer said whatever incentives were available at delivery time we would get - I just wanted to have an handle on what to expect. Ours should be here the middle of next month.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Cathyn, I think Conquest may not be available past 9/6. Can anyone else confirm this? I think I read that somewhere on this site.

However, it seems like they just keep extending it over and over again. It's been around for a while.

·
Registered
25 Posts
JonTon said:
Cathyn, I think Conquest may not be available past 9/6. Can anyone else confirm this? I think I read that somewhere on this site.

However, it seems like they just keep extending it over and over again. It's been around for a while.
Thanks for the info - maybe I'll ask my dealer about it but then it really doesn't make a bit of difference, I'm buying the
Acadia no matter what ;D I already have the mud flaps and heat shield for it and maybe by the time it gets here I will
have purchased the chrome or polished aluminum GMC emblem for the front. I think since I ordered the black, that all
the trim is going to really pop on it and the emblem would look great. Saw the one (member) Dan has on his and just
love the looks. If I get the conquest cash that will pay for all of those items :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts