GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend says he just bought an 09 off the lot (I have not seen the paperwork). Is this even possible? I didn't think production even started until June.

He also said is engine shuts down two cylinders when the car stays steady above 60 (like the Tahoe and other V8's are doing). I have not heard of this either.

He did tell me that his dealer told him all this so I don't know if he knows for sure anyway. Any clarification on this would be great. :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
khansen30 said:
A friend says he just bought an 09 off the lot (I have not seen the paperwork). Is this even possible? I didn't think production even started until June.

He also said is engine shuts down two cylinders when the car stays steady above 60 (like the Tahoe and other V8's are doing). I have not heard of this either.

He did tell me that his dealer told him all this so I don't know if he knows for sure anyway. Any clarification on this would be great. :confused:
Wow, it really surprises me that with all the information available out there, salespeople still pull this kind of crap. :sosad:

No, the '09s are not out yet (production starting Mid-June is correct - I haven't heard anything new, but the latest I knew they were still on strike at the LDT plant which may or may not have an effect on when '09 production starts).

And another big no on the cylinder deactiviation.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Are you sure he said it was an Acadia?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Your friend (or more accurately, your friend's dealer) is incorrect. Production of 2009 Models do indeed start in June and we may not see the first ones on the lots until late that month or even July. In addition, the new 2009 engines will be direct injection, but they do not have cylinder deactivation technology.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I knew I was right but just wanted the reassurance. This is what happens when an uninformed buyer just walks in and buys a car and takes for granted everything they hear. :thumb: :banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
khansen30 - Being mislead about engine details like cylinder deactivation is one thing, but thinking you bought an 09 model when you actually bought an 08 is a pretty big deal! If the paperwork claimed that your friend bought a 2009, he may have a lawsuit on his hands.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
That's a good point as long as the paperwork shows the '09. But if it was just a verbal statement, I doubt much could be done.

·
Registered
730 Posts
....this is interesting.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah, definitely keep us updated on what happens if you can. Certainly a bummer if all true.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, would be interested to hear it it was actually an Acadia, and what the papers showed as the model year?! A lot of people just sign the dotted line, and don't look at all the details. But I can't believe he wouldn't have looked at the window sticker or any of the multiple papers that have to be signed, which should clearly show 2008 or '08.....

Let us know!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
My window sticker and paperwork said I bought an SLT, but I knew it was an SLE and it was certainly priced as an SLE. I don't know why their inventory was jacked up and said it was a different model. *shrugs*

I find it kinda hard to believe that someone could just walk into a dealership and drop that kinda $$ on a vehicle and NOT take a minute to know all the details. :confused: Even if I was independently wealthy and the price of an Acadia was pocket change to me, I still think I'd take the time to know the details of my purchase.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The friend is actually my neighbor but I didn't want to say too much in case he joined the forum and I didn't want to embarrass him or me if I was wrong. It is an Acadia, and a basic model at that - no bells wistles or sunroofs - I don't know what version that would be. I have not talked to him anymore about it. It does scare me though if his dealer did mis-lead him, or he could be trying to impress me. I dunno. Thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
166 Posts
khansen30 said:
The friend is actually my neighbor but I didn't want to say too much in case he joined the forum and I didn't want to embarrass him or me if I was wrong.  It is an Acadia, and a basic model at that - no bells wistles or sunroofs - I don't know what version that would be.  I have not talked to him anymore about it.  It does scare me though if his dealer did mis-lead him, or he could be trying to impress me.  I dunno.  Thanks for all the input!
Wait... I hope you don't think you're done here!  :D  :D  :D  We must have more details!  Now, go dig for info.  ;D

Just interested in whether it was dealer misinformation or the latter that you mentioned.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh I'm not done and I will let you know more as I diplomaticaly find out what is going on... Same bat channel, same bat time?

·
Registered
730 Posts
khansen30 said:
oh I'm not done and I will let you know more as I diplomaticaly find out what is going on... Same bat channel, same bat time?
c'mon get on it..think of a better excuse..bring a CD and tell him it does not work on yours and ask if you could try it on his...be creative. ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
khansen30 said:
The friend is actually my neighbor but I didn't want to say too much in case he joined the forum and I didn't want to embarrass him or me if I was wrong.
This is funny. My guess is that it is too late for you to stay in a stealth mode. If he gets on this Forum he will probably put 2+2 together. You might as well go spill the beans. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
GAR said:
This is funny. My guess is that it is too late for you to stay in a stealth mode. If he gets on this Forum he will probably put 2+2 together. You might as well go spill the beans. :)
No, no! Don't do this. If he joins and asks you about the post, just claim that it must be someone else from Amarillo, with the same exact two vehicles, with the last name "hansen" (my assumption based on your username)! :D :D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
kanderna - I'm ALOL!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts