GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a traler hitch on an 09. And if so what all is involved. I have seen tons of posts for 07's and 08's but no 09's unless I have just missed them. I would just like to now step by step on how to do the install. Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
tydunn said:
Has anyone installed a traler hitch on an 09. And if so what all is involved. I have seen tons of posts for 07's and 08's but no 09's unless I have just missed them. I would just like to now step by step on how to do the install. Thanks
I have an 07 but the 09 should be about the same. I bought mine at etrailer.com and they also have instructions on the site also. I'll post the link to the hitch I was looking at and hopefully it works. ;)
http://www.etrailer.com/pc-H~87435.htm?vehicleid=20099162

If you want to look at different hitch's just click on some of the links on the page.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quick question about this installation. It appears that the hitch cover does not go back onto the Acadia. Is this correct?

·
Registered
145 Posts
tmmcadams said:
Quick question about this installation. It appears that the hitch cover does not go back onto the Acadia. Is this correct?
There are 2 different covers for the back. One has a bump to cover the hitch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
But the one with the hump does cover the hitch?

·
Registered
145 Posts
tmmcadams said:
But the one with the hump does cover the hitch?
yes

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
i cant remember which on the lambda sites--- a member reported that after installing an aftermarket hitch- the cover wont fit anymore.

·
Registered
635 Posts
rbarrios said:
i cant remember which on the lambda sites--- a member reported that after installing an aftermarket hitch- the cover wont fit anymore.
The Lambdas that don't come with a tow package have a different cover, that can be removed if you add a hitch, and no it wont fit after adding a hitch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts