GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had luck finding an '09 with the second row console? :banghead: If so, how does it look? We had the parts department at our dealer research it. There is no part number for the console as a single unit. We have the second row captain chairs and the 'better half' would like a console in her new Acadia.
I understand that when the seats fold flat the console will fold also.
Thanks for the help!!
PagosaRob

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you don't purchase an Acadia with a 2nd row console, your vehicle cannot use the 2nd row console.

At least, not in the same fasion as delivered model containing the 2nd row console.

Whether or not the console can be used without being secured down - as it is when ordered - is left to be discovered.

Are you willing to pay the $1000+ for all the parts cost to let us know?!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I posted pictures of my 09 with the second row console. I'm not quite sure if you can install the console alone if you purchased an Acadia w/o one. The seats are different. I'm sure your captain chairs have folding arm rest. The capt'n chairs on the 09 w/ the console do not have the folding armrest. I think the console and the arm rest will get in each others way.

I'll look for the photos I posted.

Modified:
click on the link. Notice the capt'n chairs do not have the folding armrest.
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4578.0

·
Registered
30 Posts
pagosarob said:
Has anyone had luck finding an '09 with the second row console? :banghead: If so, how does it look? We had the parts department at our dealer research it. There is no part number for the console as a single unit. We have the second row captain chairs and the 'better half' would like a console in her new Acadia.
I understand that when the seats fold flat the console will fold also.
Thanks for the help!!
PagosaRob
Your final statement is correct. The factory 2nd row console top flips forward to expose two hard services which will be flat with the rest of the area behind your front seats.
On the Enclave forum you will find a thread on buying a factory console, removing the chair arms and installing the console. There seems to be a consensus of opinion it would be very expensive as I believe there are 14 separate parts to it. One of the parts is a 12V outlet which you would have to connect somehow to use.
A few of us have purchased consoles made by Wolf. They make two models labeled for use in mini vans that will fit between the seats and the seat arms can remain in place and use. The ones I am aware of have not fastened them to the floor for max versatility. They can remain in place and the seats will still slide for folding or egress, or they can easily be removed if you are going to carry the max of 7 passengers and don’t want the console to be in the way.
BD
PS. Here is one of the threads on consoles. Cost will run between $125 and $150 depending on source and model chosen. My pictures are in my album if you would like to sigh on as a guest. Good luck in your shopping.
http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=3334.msg48518#new

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all for your reply. NOPE! not gonna' spend the big bucks. It shows on the GMC site as a $300 option. We did not find an '09 in KC, KS. or KC, MO. that had the console. Simple enough, right? Just order one and have them install it. The parts dep't, as BIGDADDY states, could only build it by ordering the 14 parts. They thought it may come out as a single accessory unit later on......don't think so by what I read here.
We will set up a card table between the second and third row. That's the answer. :thumb:
Door bell is ringing....more CANDY, more CANDY!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
If you click on "members" or "search" above and look for a member by the name of detnick, he did a lot of research on the console for the 2009 model prior to and during his purchase. You may find it helpful to read some of his posts or PM him for some info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts