GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my order finally with my dealer, and he is selling it to me for $300 over invoice. I know there have been better deals out there some at invoice, or +/-, but he gave me the print out and on it were 2 invoice listings, one said "invoice" and the other said "invoice W/DFC".. I am getting invoice + $300 over invoice W/DFC. What is DFC? I noticed it is about $735 more. Could it be the delivery fee? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
47 Posts
The destination charge is $735, so this is a possible explanation. This could also be an advertising charge. The way to avoid this problem is if you can take delivery of your car while the Employee Pricing deal is still on. This would enable you to get the Acadia below invoice. You can see if your dealer can locate an Acadia similar to what you need at another dealer. There is also the possibility that GM will extend the Employee Pricing once more (although there are no guarantees of this).

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just saw pgh_acadia's post that GM announced it will not extend Employee Pricing beyond September 30th. Have you tried to locate an Acadia similar to the one you are trying to order?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Twindad said:
I just saw pgh_acadia's post that GM announced it will not extend Employee Pricing beyond September 30th. Have you tried to locate an Acadia similar to the one you are trying to order?
It doesn't exist. At least not anywhere in the southeast. And besides, I am looking forward to the extra horses under the hood and the higher towing capacity. But trust me, before I found out about those changes I was hot on the trail of one with white diamond/brick with towing but found nothing....

·
Registered
5 Posts
And besides, I am looking forward to the extra horses under the hood and the higher towing capacity.
Just FYI: I just bought an 09 SLT2 at the Employee Price and it was ~2500 less than invoice. Here in Texas, my dealer had at least 20 09s on the lot. Granted I don't know if any of those are White Diamond/Brick (which IMHO is a sweet color combination) but given the current pricing it may pay to be flexible.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I think a White Diamond with brick would be hard to find on the lot. Most lot vehicles seem to be titanium or ebony. The additional DVD headrest system would also make it rare to find.

Congrats on the order, hope it gets here soon for ya. :thumb:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Even if a white diamond/w brick and towing package came in, it wouldn't have the increased towing capacity which involves a mid-year production change over to take place Sept 28. But is DFC = Dealer Freight Charge?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree with Bonk about considering being a little flexible about the color/interior. Your other options don't seem that unusual, and to save over $2,000 I would have gone with another color or interior (although we did end up ordering an Acadia with White Diamond Tricoat/Titanium).

·
Registered
47 Posts
DFC is the destination charge, which is a non-negotiable fee. I was unaware about an increased towing capacity for later-manufactured 2009's. If this is true, and this feature is important to you, then I guess you have to order your Acadia and hope for other incentives when it is delivered.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Twindad said:
DFC is the destination charge, which is a non-negotiable fee. I was unaware about an increased towing capacity for later-manufactured 2009's. If this is true, and this feature is important to you, then I guess you have to order your Acadia and hope for other incentives when it is delivered.
But what if your order is produced prior the increased towing change?
It is possible for that to happen, or for them to to delay the start of the new towing rate.

·
Registered
143 Posts
alpha,

as I said before I'd just find one now, if possible and spend the $150 on a new hitch, that leaves you $2k ahead if GMS ends before you get your order.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
lewisra said:
alpha,

as I said before I'd just find one now, if possible and spend the $150 on a new hitch, that leaves you $2k ahead if GMS ends before you get your order.
Adding an aftermarket hitch, still requires the wiring of the trailering harness, which has been an issue for some. It also does not include the additional cooling that the trailering package offers, as well as the trailering selection for the transmission. Aftermarket trailering is theoretically limited to 2500lbs, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bonk1313 said:
lewisra said:
alpha,

Adding an aftermarket hitch, still requires the wiring of the trailering harness, which has been an issue for some. It also does not include the additional cooling that the trailering package offers, as well as the trailering selection for the transmission. Aftermarket trailering is theoretically limited to 2500lbs, if I remember correctly.
Yeah, I am just gonna hope some other incentive (besides GMS) comes out and then I can get that much more off. I am insistent on getting the highest factory tow rating possible so mine needs to be produced after Sept 28th. Early 09's won't have that.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
alphadog1 said:
bonk1313 said:
lewisra said:
alpha,

Yeah, I am just gonna hope some other incentive (besides GMS) comes out and then I can get that much more off. I am insistent on getting the highest factory tow rating possible so mine needs to be produced after Sept 28th. Early 09's won't have that.
Good luck hope it works out for ya.

·
Registered
533 Posts
bonk1313 said:
It is possible for that to happen, or for them to to delay the start of the new towing rate.
Well, I can address that issue! I placed an order on Sat. Aug. 30th, and 15 days later my vehicle was in production - parts kitted (picked) by the 11th or 12th. So I missed the upgrades on towing. I had really hoped to get this - just a "nice to have" thing, but once my order was picked - there was no stopping the momentum. The extra towing capacity (5,200 lbs. vs. 4,500 lbs.) is the result of increased engine cooling, and some modifications to both the rear bumper and the hitch itself. The Chev. Traverse and Saturn Outlook will also receive this mod., however, the Enclave will not - due the the limitation of better air flow via the front grill. The cut-in date is the week of Sept. 28th.

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
One good thing (if there is such a thing) for pretty much back-to-back 4% daily plunges on Wall Street is that all stocks get dragged down when "the herd" stampedes like this. GM is again under $10, so this may well help to extend the GMS offer into next month and get you a better deal than expected.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yea, Blue - we can only hope that some add'l. incentives come along during the next month or so. I could always "sit on the vehicle" and not take delivery right away and see if things improve. But, I'm not expecting that. Time will tell!

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
143 Posts
Smooth said:
bonk1313 said:
Well, I can address that issue! I placed an order on Sat. Aug. 30th, and 15 days later my vehicle was in production - parts kitted (picked) by the 11th or 12th. So I missed the upgrades on towing. I had really hoped to get this - just a "nice to have" thing, but once my order was picked - there was no stopping the momentum. The extra towing capacity (5,200 lbs. vs. 4,500 lbs.) is the result of increased engine cooling, and some modifications to both the rear bumper and the hitch itself. The Chev. Traverse and Saturn Outlook will also receive this mod., however, the Enclave will not - due the the limitation of better air flow via the front grill. The cut-in date is the week of Sept. 28th.

Smooth <><[/color]
So Smooth you're saying all of these changes are taking place on the 28th. It was my understanding that all 09's(those with tow package) had the increases except for the hitch, and the hitch is what is to be upgraded on the 28th.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can answer that one...Yes, if the schedule holds true, the changes to the hitch/receiver and mounting are to take place on Sept. 28th, which will result in an increased towing capacity to 5200lbs. at that time, and not before. That is known as a mid-year production change. Because I am insistent on the higher towing capacity, I will not accept a vehicle unless it incorporates the stronger hitch...I found out yesterday that my build date is in October, but no specific date yet, so it should be fine...I will keep ya'll posted.. I psyched!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.