GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 09 SLT2 and love it. However it seems that the interior courtesy lighting is woefully inadequate. It seems that the gove box light is missing as well as the front floor lamps. Regarding the front floor there are what appear to be mounting hose for lamps in the kick plates below the glove box and steering column. Seems like they just forgot to install them. Is this the case for anyone else. This is my first black interior maybe i'm just not used to it being this dark.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
To my understanding, as far as 2009 Enclaves, they do not have those lights anymore. A little bit of "decontenting" to save costs on the 09's. Sounds like this is standard accross the board on the Lambdas. The Traverses better NOT have those floor lights! :angryfire:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
09Enclave said:
To my understanding, as far as 2009 Enclaves, they do not have those lights anymore. A little bit of "decontenting" to save costs on the 09's. Sounds like this is standard accross the board on the Lambdas. The Traverses better NOT have those floor lights! :angryfire:
Honestly, how much $$ could that possibly be saving?! That's like the rear cupholder thing with the center console. Leaving out little things like that to save a buck are aggravating.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Web Raven said:
09Enclave said:
Honestly, how much $$ could that possibly be saving?! That's like the rear cupholder thing with the center console. Leaving out little things like that to save a buck are aggravating.
We should start another thread with a running tally. We need to find the price for all of these deltions to see how much they are adding up to.
Rear of center console cupholders - $
DC outlet also removed from console - $
Acadia Emblem on door x2- $
Interior Lights - $
Glove box lights - $5.36

What else was deleted between the 08 and 09?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like they eliminated the glovebox light as well in the 09. I just ordered a repalcemt part for the 08 for $5.36 hopefully i can instalit in my 09

·
Registered
156 Posts
markvisa said:
Looks like they eliminated the glovebox light as well in the 09. I just ordered a repalcemt part for the 08 for $5.36 hopefully i can instalit in my 09
I wouldn't count on it, chances are the wiring was taken out of the wiring harness as well. ANOTHER item deleted for 09' was the very useful DC outlet down inside the front center console under the outlet, and when I called Jim Burke from GM communications, he indicated that the wiring and connections in the harness were also done away with. So, to put it in, I would have to buy the DC recepticle and have wiring run too :banghead:..When I expressed my disappointment at the deletions, he said "well for 2009 you are getting the direct fuel injection, higher towing capacity" blah, blah blah. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
533 Posts
That is totally frustrating! It's these fine touches that I think we all came to associate with the "thoughtful design" of the Acadia that are now removed. Granted, I waited for the '09 for the D.I., and am also thankful for the added towing (wasn't expected), but still I liked some of the features that are seemingly absent.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
alphadog1 said:
ANOTHER item deleted for 09' was the very useful DC outlet down inside the front center console under the outlet...
I use that outlet to power my Garmin since the one on the outside of the console is for our cell phones. Add that to the list of ridiculous deletions that they did. I'd love to know how much $$ they managed to save per vehicle built by removing these seemingly small items.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Mrs. Blue was sad :( when she found out there was no glovebox light in her $40K SLT2. She got angry :mad: when I told her my $2,500 '65 Corvair (economy car) came with one from the factory (those two never got along). For $5.36, I have plenty of wires leftover from the Daytona alarm install & can re-wire that sucker if needed. Looks like we didn't escape retrofitting after all.

EDIT
Parts-
LAMP part # 12450028
BULB part # 9421330

Picture attached. Lamp is #5, bulb is #6.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
hmmm.. floor lamps?? I never knew the 08 came with them. Those would have been nice.. what color? Amber? Just like the little LED mood lighting that's located by the Home Link buttons? Maybe I can just add them on.. As for the Glove box light.. That's Disappointing!!.. Blue have you done this retrofit? Is the wiring available or as mentioned have they done away with it?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
The footwell lamps on the 08s are just regular, clear incandescent bulbs.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
ttwins,
I have not looked at the wiring for the glovebox yet. I'll post back here when I do so. Hopefully the wires are there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Any luck with the glove box light? My late-production '08 does not have this feature and it would be nice to add it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
???
Well, got the gm p/n: 12450028 Lamp assy from gm parts dir today!! Yippee, been searching for a plug and guess what, no luck thus far, unless its like my 03 Sierra and the plug is taped up into another harness, I am sol for oem then???
Any advice on this front? The lamp assy comes with the switch bracket and bulb all together, but obviously no pig tail... I am going to stop at Auto/Advanced place tomorrow and see if they have a plug and then direct wire to something with 12v const... Regardless, if anyone has any insight let me know other wise we're tearing into this tomorrow and will post a how to after this install is completed.... Thanks guys! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I went to the Buick dealer and bought the same part. I went into an Enclave checked out the light position and it should be an easy install for the light. Probably going to wire it to the 12V outlet on the dash. Next will be an under the hood light, a center consule light and additional 12v outlets on the sides of the front consules L + R.
It's snowing today so the glove box project is postponed till next weekend.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have an SLT-1 2008 built in March of 2008, mine has glove box lighting, when did they take these out? It wasn't in 2009!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I have an SLT-2 it has floor lighting but no glove box.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
alphadog1 said:
markvisa said:
I wouldn't count on it, chances are the wiring was taken out of the wiring harness as well. ANOTHER item deleted for 09' was the very useful DC outlet down inside the front center console under the outlet, and when I called Jim Burke from GM communications, he indicated that the wiring and connections in the harness were also done away with. So, to put it in, I would have to buy the DC recepticle and have wiring run too :banghead:..When I expressed my disappointment at the deletions, he said "well for 2009 you are getting the direct fuel injection, higher towing capacity" blah, blah blah. Very frustrating.
Some of the early 09's are missing the higher tow capacity; so for some they are only getting the DI

·
Registered
96 Posts
Glove box wire found!!!!!

:thumb:
Ok, got her done tonight... guess what, wire is up in there! My prod date is 7/2008, I have the floor lights... The glove box lamp wire is located up inside above the knock out for the lamp switch. Drop the glove box and pull the two stops on the box so it drops to floor. Then pull off the rt side dash trim piece, just snaps on, then pull off the inner trim panel... this is the one tri that the lamp would snap into. You will then see a black fabrick covered wire up inside the dash, straight up above the hole where the lap will sit. You can not feel it, unless you got alien fingers, I use a hook tool and a razor knife to surgially cut tape and free the wire. once I cut the tape the wire dropped and sure enough there was the plug for the lamp in the glove box. Tested and worked perfect. Just make sure you snake wire thru trim panel before you snap together. Don't forget to take your time to line up the gears on the glove box.... How sad this is the highlight of my day installing a glove box lamp on a loaded new car.... Hope this is a help to someone!!!!
gmpartsdirec.com p/n#: 12450028
switch comes with the bulb! I guess I will have to add this to my "upgrades" :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I'm going to check mine out tomorrow I hope it's there. :thumb: How did you do the cut out for the light itself?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts