GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well gang we finally got our Acadia, and we sure do love it! The dealer called Weds. and we went up to pick it up and there was a snafu over some docs that our bank needed to get the approval. And get this, I dropped off a PILE of paperwork to the loan ofcr 3 weeks ago and told her to get all the legwork and approvals done since the vehicle would be here any day and they SAT ON IT, and did nothing. So when I called her and told her it came in, she scrambled and didnt have anything done. So we took the car home Weds. night with out all the bank stuff sorted out. Geeez, I gotta find out what some of you guys do to pay cash for your cars!! Anyways, they took care of it on Thursday and all was sorted out.
Now, on to the REVIEW!
We absolutely love the vehicle, unfortunately we found out that it was hit with the $950 price increase :( As for the exterior, the White Diamond tricoat is gorgeous, and I cant see any flaws in it anywhere. The brick interior is astonishing, and surprisingly almost everyone who sees it says they love it, and I think they are being sincere.
The dual headrest DVD system is cool and it keeps my 2 year old nice and quiet while watching his movies.
The additional horsepower is a little hard for ME to detect, but I think it is noticable under full throttle once you get off the line a bit. This is a lot of vehicle to get moving, ya know? I have noticed a slight hesitation when appying throttle at the apex of a turn at a green traffic light of an intersection. I do not mean when you stop and then go, but when you slow down for the turn (appx 12-14mph) and then apply the throttle as you exit the turn, there is a slight hesitation, and it does not feel like a shifting issue, but rather a slight delay in the throttle by wire or something. It is not extremely noticeable, in fact the wife doesnt even notice it, but I am sensitive to these things.

If any one has any questions about the 09' let me know and I will try to answer the best I can.

There is a whole lot of reading to do, but I got the bluetooth and the universal home remote installed in about 10 minutes, and trust me, I am not a techie, and I figgered it out!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Only one question:

Where are the pics?

:worthless:
Today was a rainy and overcast day all day here in west central Florida, so I will try to take some good pictures in the sunlight tomorrow, and then upload them. Also as an addendum to my review, the 09', when standing behind it when it is running, is definitely quieter than the 08'. The 08' that we had for 4 days had a sort of growly snarl to the idle coming from the quad exhaust tips, but the 09' is quieter and more subdued. Maybe better mufflers?? Also, my 09 DOES have 8 BOLTS holding the hitch on, not 6. The other two are hard to find, but they are there. I will update more later as it comes to me, but one of the most loveable things about it are just the lines. GM really did a wonderful job at the drawing board which is really exiting to see. Dare I mention some other GM design debacles? Can anyone say Aztek??

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I'm with you 100% on the A55tek. Everytime we see one I say it is my Trans Am's ugly cousin. I put some more info in the hitch thread.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I can't wait for your pics. I am about to order a White Diamond Brick Acadia. Please include pics of the exterior with the doors open showing the brick interior. I need to convince my wife this will look good. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
alphadog1 said:
The brick interior is astonishing, and surprisingly almost everyone who sees it says they love it, and I think they are being sincere.
Brick for the win!! 15 months with ours and we still love it. :thumb:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats alphadog1. :dancing:

Enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours. :dancing:

·
Registered
533 Posts
AD1,

Like I said previously, you're the TOP dog this week ;) Congrats on actually having your Acacid, and I must say you chose a cool color!

Smooth [/color] <><

1 - 8 of 8 Posts