GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across the following article about the 09 Traverse ESC supplied by Bosch. I am assuming this is the same system supplied on the 09 Acadia, but can anyone confirm this? The article also makes reference to the Bosch transmission electro-hydraulic control technology, which I am assuming is new for 09.

Bosch supplies ESC technology for 2009 Chevrolet Traverse

Published: 20 Jan 2009 Printer friendly version
Bosch supplies ESC technology for 2009 Chevrolet Traverse

The Bosch Group has announced that it is supplying its electronic stability control and transmission electro-hydraulic control module to the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse. The 2009 Chevrolet Traverse comes standard with the StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control System featuring Bosch electronic stability control technology.

According to Bosch, its electronic stability control (ESC) technology is an active safety system that detects vehicle instability or loss of vehicle control. In these critical situations, ESC instantly intervenes to keep the vehicle on course.

The system includes sensors that constantly monitor and compare a vehicle's actual behavior with the driver's intention. When instability is detected, ESC triggers the appropriate response, helping the driver maintain control.

In addition, the Chevy Traverse comes equipped with Bosch transmission electro-hydraulic control technology, which provides enhanced driver comfort through fast and smooth shifting, according to Bosch.

The Electronic Hydraulic Module integrates the microhybrid control unit, actuators and sensors to provide a thoroughly tested modular unit installed directly inside the Traverse's six-speed transmission. Each unit is fully calibrated, matched and tested, offering greater reliability and advantages in cost and weight.

Source: Datamonitor
[/color]

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Paging Geohawk!
Heh heh, I have really no idea on this one. ;) My guess is that it's just a new press release to go along with the Traverse roll-out.

Bosch has always (recently at least) provided most of the technology for GM's anti-lock brakes, which is also a component of Stabilitrak. Digging around in GM Media I can't find anything new regarding Stabilitrak for 2009 and the rest of the Lambda line, so I would guess that this Bosch PR was issued just to go along with the Traverse introduction. There doesn't appear to be any revision of the ESC system specifically for the 09s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts