GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site, and I just purchased a 09 Acadia SLT-1 with a 2nd row center console. I have two small children that require child seats in the second row captain chairs. everynow and then, my wife will have a fifth passanger and would need access to the rear seat. does anyone know if the 2nd row center console is removable, and if so, have instructions on how to remove it? Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's why I didn't get the 2nd row console myself. Really not missing it either.

I'm sure it more simple that you'd think. GMs usually are very simple to work on interior parts. Ask your dealer service department. If they're nice, they may even print a sheet on the contact points for the console for you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's what the smart slide seats are for...

But since we don't have a center console.. we never use the smart slide.

·
Registered
134 Posts
hmmm... I picked up my 09 back in August 2008. There is a thread here somewhere that answers this question. From what I recall it is removable. However you will have a carpet cut out in the center or between the captain chairs. You'll also have 4 or 6 holes that screws down the center console.. Your capt'n chairs will also loose their center arm rest since the center console acts as their armrest.

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
YOu cant use the slide feature on the Capts chairs or bench seat to get into the 3rd row. there is not enough room. You can't fold the seat because the carseat is in the way...

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Finally found the post I was looking for and I think the one that MyBlackAcadia was also thinking of.

This is Detnicks story... Several pages here, but the discussion of removing the 2nd row console was discussed here... with suggestions for covering it up.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4266.0

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to upgrade my Acadia with the 2nd row center console but the parts guys said he needs a VIN. Can someone with the grey interior with a 2nd row center console pass along thier VIN number so I can order these parts. Otherwise if someone knows the console and brackets part number that would also work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Silly question where's your vin number??

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
tyngsacadia said:
I am looking to upgrade my Acadia with the 2nd row center console but the parts guys said he needs a VIN. Can someone with the grey interior with a 2nd row center console pass along thier VIN number so I can order these parts. Otherwise if someone knows the console and brackets part number that would also work.

Thanks!
Give the parts guy your VIN :shrug:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Does this person need a VIN?
Do you not know what a VIN is or its location?
huh............................................... :confused:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
tyngsacadia,
Are you looking for a VIN # number from someone that has the center console? You can use your Vin# to get the info from your dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Having a VIN# of an Acadia that already has the center console helps the parts dept guys locate the console parts in the computer system. That's why tyngsacadia is looking for someone with this option.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I usually give my Vin # to see how compatible my Acadia is to the Mod I want to do, then they usually search for parts that were out of my build code from there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are removable. I don't have a manual. They are installed at the dealers, I know they are bolted on. So I would just unbolt it and add a floor mat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts