GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the look of the front of the Acadia and the side is nice too. I'm not totally thrilled with how the back looks as it doesn't convey the same cool mean look of the front. It's OK and personally I haven't seen a crossover rear end that I like better and so far it's the best of the bunch but I'm looking for ideas to make it better. I thought about taking the emblems off but I want the AWD on there so they don't hassle me when going over the pass in the winter. So far just tint and chrome GMC on the front. I can go either way on that and may go with a billit grill later. I heard that there will be some new rims coming out in about a week from the mfg's so I'm hoping I find something that piques my interest.

1400 miles and I really like this car.

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
love the the shots!!! the front end shot is pretty awesome!!!

Start with the rims, if you want a clean, sharp looking ride, chrome rims with fat lips should do the trick although having some black on chrome combo would be also compliment the color white, making your rims stand out.

it will also look sharper when there is no window tint or if you remove the window tint in your Acadia once your done with the rims but thats just me. I see you have your front windows tinted.

keeping it simple, as well as neat with some high end touches is the key for a nice looking ride.
also when you do some searches in the forum, others have added much bigger exhaust pipes coupled with Magnaflow mufflers. :thumb:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea on the black and chrome combo. I may look more into that. I did see some black/chrome ziniks that I wonder how would actually look on the car. The tirerack picture is too dark to get a good perspective.

I wouldn't mind if it had a little heftier sound and less bee buzz. My old mustang has a sweet sound with a real nice cam lope to the idle. It's not too loud but you definately know it's mean by the rumble.

I know what you mean about the tint. White cars usually look better with lighter or no tint. I just matched what was there and I think the picture isn't as good as how the car really looks in person.

I should have got that front end shot a little lower as I really love the stance of the tires included in the picture.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't know, I think the tint against the white looks pretty sharp. It's a great looking truck already, hope you enjoy it. :cheers: Erik

·
Registered
249 Posts
Remove the tint? Blasphemy! SioXie, I'm going to have to come down there and wash your mouth out with soap! ;D

·
Registered
812 Posts
Traclavelook said:
Remove the tint? Blasphemy! SioXie, I'm going to have to come down there and wash your mouth out with soap! ;D
LOL!!! like i said it just me!!!! i want to remove mine too but for security reason i wont. ;D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Safety is why I put 5% on the back 3 and 15% on the front two of my wifes car. She used to have to drive through a not so great part of town late at night after work. The tint shop had a name for it as "solo chick safety tint". Her car is black and it looks great.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Rod S said:
Safety is why I put 5% on the back 3 and 15% on the front two of my wifes car. She used to have to drive through a not so great part of town late at night after work. The tint shop had a name for it as "solo chick safety tint". Her car is black and it looks great.
yeah with all the gadgets we leave at times in our car, having your windows tint is a must have..... ;D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The idea around here is that you don't want some goon seeing a solo female driver stopped at a stoplight downtown. They break the window and if you're lucky they only steal the purse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rod S said:
So far just tint and chrome GMC on the front.
Where did you get the chrome GMC on the grille? Is it an overlay?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No. It's a chrome replacement that I bought on fleabay...uh, ebay. Actually it was the best price and the vender got it to me in 2 days. It has a little more of a curve to it than the stock emblem but it is such a small difference you don't notice unless you are looking for it. I'm picky so I took a little bit of black silicone and filled the small crack and it came out so well I don't even notice now and I'm really fussy about stuff.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nice pics Rod. How do you like the Acadia's towing performance?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't been over the Cascades yet but for around here which is fairly level I have been impressed. I really don't notice it back there too much except on steep inclines where the engine revs a bit to get her going. I was prepared for much poorer performance with only a little v6 but it does a nice job.

I should add that handling and braking are a non issue. A little more bottom end torque would be nice but not necessary.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks for the info. Just curious: how heavy is your boat/trailer combo?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just slightly under 3800lbs with gear and a full tank of gas in the boat.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Rod S said:
Maybe the boat should be pulling the Acadia.
an engine swap is possible..... ;D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
3rd brake light sticker

It looks like it's blurred but when looking at it in person it's not. It looks to me that when I upload this picture it makes it fuzzier than the original picture.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts