GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08 Leather steeringwheel with controls in an 09 can this be done? We ordered an 09 SLE with no steeringwheel controls to the stereo can I grab an 08 wheel with controls and install it in my 09 SLE???

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
This has been asked and apparently never answered (used upper left search button):
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2751.0

I know from looking on an online GM Parts catalog the leather wrapped wheel is available, but as for the controls and wiring, you'd actually have to find someone that has done this or that is willing to take their SLT apart to check wiring.

It is possible to retrofit many things to an SLE, but this would possibly be one of the more difficult ones.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
This has been asked and apparently never answered (used upper left search button):
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2751.0

I know from looking on an online GM Parts catalog the leather wrapped wheel is available, but as for the controls and wiring, you'd actually have to find someone that has done this or that is willing to take their SLT apart to check wiring.

It is possible to retrofit many things to an SLE, but this would possibly be one of the more difficult ones.
Ok I giess I will have to keep digging as I found one at the wreckers for 30 bucks with controlls just no airbag (no big deal I will use the one from the 09) So I was hoping it would work or can be done. I will have to ask my stereo installer if he knows how or if it can be done.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Re: 08 steering wheel with controls

My guess is the answer is yes. There is only 1 wire from the steering wheel to the control module. It controls both the airbag and the radio. Unless they made some type of change in the wheel from 2008 - 2009, my guess is that you would just swap it out and have the control module reprogrammed. (but that is just a guess)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 08 steering wheel with controls

GAR said:
My guess is the answer is yes. There is only 1 wire from the steering wheel to the control module. It controls both the airbag and the radio. Unless they made some type of change in the wheel from 2008 - 2009, my guess is that you would just swap it out and have the control module reprogrammed. (but that is just a guess)
Ok thanks I am going to ask at my delaership and see what my service advisor has to say. If it can be done he will tell me straight up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
DSNY, did you ever get your steering wheel with the controls installed and working? I'm wanting to do the same thing to my '07 SLE.

Does anyone know if the steering wheel out of an 2007 Yukon with the controls, will work? It looks the same as the Acadia, but has a different part number - w/audio controls and cruise control 15917937, w/cruise control w/o audio controls 15854502.

After reading through some of the past post about adding audio controls, it makes me wonder if you can add the buttons, wire them directly to an aftermarket system (Kenwood DNX5120) using a pac-jack and not worry about getting the car reprogrammed at the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts