GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08' made in Aug 07' having problems with shift searching similar to what I have read in other postings but it is not eligible for the updated program 07217A. It has been to the dealer 3 times already. The first two time the dealer said nothing is wrong and made me to believe I was crazy. Third visit, new dealer and they did recongnize the problem HOWEVER they said GMC has not come up with a new program to fix it. Is there any info out there on the 08's not covered under the service bulltin that are experienceing the same problems?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
My understanding is that the upgrade or latest flash for 08's was not performed in the tranny dept until middle of August. If yours was built prior to say, 8-15 it would require the 07217A. It was on another "transmission" thread that was mentioned couple months ago by factory person.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If I understood correctly the posts from our insider that frequents this board, I don't believe that the transmission flash was to address any sort of hunting for gear problem. I was under the impression that it was instead meant to make the transmission more responsive to your foot. In other words, when you stick your foot into it, it should be drop a gear and go where as before it didn't react to foot quite so much.

If your dealer says you aren't eligible for the tranny flash (that sounds kind of funny btw :) ), then you probably already have the latest and are just experiencing some of the same behavior that others have reported after having the latest flash. Some people with the latest flash version say that it hunts gears a lot on inclines.

I've still got a couple weeks until mine arrives, so I can't really speak from a first-hand perspective.

Regards,
K

·
Registered
112 Posts
laurlogrob said:
I have an 08' made in Aug 07' having problems with shift searching similar to what I have read in other postings but it is not eligible for the updated program 07217A. It has been to the dealer 3 times already. The first two time the dealer said nothing is wrong and made me to believe I was crazy. Third visit, new dealer and they did recongnize the problem HOWEVER they said GMC has not come up with a new program to fix it. Is there any info out there on the 08's not covered under the service bulltin that are experienceing the same problems?
Have you tried to ask dealer to update version software? In my case, I asked them do that before sign any paper and they did couple day later. After this update I'm feeling that the transmission works better to down shift, and faster up shift. I like it. All cars has some problems with the transmission shifting. My old car, 00' Acura 3.2 TL, also was little slow reaction to down shift and Acura was recalled them for exchange a rebuilt one (not even new one). I have tried push gas down at 60 mph and it worked very well. I haven't felt big difference between Acadia and Acura the switching shift in time. My dealership told me the only 07' models had problems with transmission a lot. All 08' needs to be update software. My advice to you go to other dealership and test drive different car. Then see what you come up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an 07 that they did the update on, without seemingly getting it authorized, as I brought it in for the tranny issues. ( There is not much of an improvement if at all by the way, for me). Then two months later I get the letter from GM offering the update (not a recall - it's an "optional" service) on my vehicle. Guess they didnt register the update in my VIN number, but the point is that here in Canada, the update was just offered (to me personally from GM) in October. Your dealer needs to get his facts straight, and please call the 1-800 GM customer service number in your manual to facilitate that happening. It most certainly should be eligible, IMO! Good luck!

·
Registered
294 Posts
My dealer did the flash on my '08 -- no questions, issues, or problems. After I stated how the transmission was shifting, the dealer was most accomodating.

·
Registered
6 Posts
all,
I have a 08' and am not sure when it was actually built and if I need the "flash" procedure or not.
1. How can I tell my production date?
2. What is the actual cutoff date for getting a flash?

I'm sure this info is somewhere in the threads, I just can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Go to the thread titled "Transmisson flash satisfaction rating". It will answer all of your questions. Specifically look at page 3 in the thread where forum member Kram posted a pdf document that lists the VIN number of the vehicles requirering the flash. If you don't want to read all 6 pages just jump to page 5 and read my comments (Key1) as I had similar questions.
Or you can call your dealer and give him your VIN number and they will tell you if you need the flash.

You can tell your production date by looking at the VIN number located inside the driver-side door (as well as in your purchase paperwork as well as on your vehicles window sticker that was present on the vehicle when you purchased it). The 10th letter from the left tells you the year. It will either be a 7 or an 8 indicating 2007 or 2008. There is a metal sticker inside the driver's door with GM on it. in the upper right hand corner is the vehicles build month and year. Example mine is 07/07 which is an 08 built in July 2007.
Key1

·
Registered
6 Posts
key,
thanx a million. Based on the .pdf file with the VIN breakout, I should be good to go. No flash needed.
This forum is a lifesaver, thanks.

j

1 - 9 of 9 Posts