GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering trading my '08 Acadia for an '08 Tahoe to better tow my boat. Do you guys think a dealer with a Tahoe on the lot might swap?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I don't think they will swap; GM had 178,000 unsold vehicles from last month. I think the Tahoe is a better choice for towing though.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I did some pricing on both using edmunds. I personally think that they are both worth about the same.

They are both worth about $30K in trade in value.
The are both worth about $35K if you were buy it.

The dealer may swap with you but you would likely need to pay for the fees and something for them to make some money on the transaction. For sure you would need to pay them enough that they don't loose money on the deal. Otherwise they would have no reason to do it.

Can't hurt to ask.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Is the Acadia not capable of towing your boat?
How heavy is the boat?
How much towing do you really do with it?

Have you seen the posts on here about people towing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My boat is 4600lbs - We tow a short distance 2 or 3 times a week in summer with 3 trips to our cabin 250 miles one way. The Acadia can do it but it struggles and I don't like towing right up to the limit.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
garycoral said:
My boat is 4600lbs - We tow a short distance 2 or 3 times a week in summer with 3 trips to our cabin 250 miles one way. The Acadia can do it but it struggles and I don't like towing right up to the limit.
Yeah; I would say you're pushing the limit with the Acadia; I understand the swap idea I just don't think a dealer will go for it

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
garycoral said:
Which would sell easier on his lot?
Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I think it's a toss up as to which one would sell better on the lot; nothing hurts by trying

1 - 10 of 10 Posts