GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been beat to death. However, I have read the numerous posts and still do not feel like I have a definitive answer. I have an 08 AWD w/out the towing package. In order to tow a trailer I will need the following, correct?

Trailer Hitch
The connecter wire that runs from the existing wire that is located above the rear passenger tire well(Number 4 in teh attached picture that connects to number 6).
The connector plug that hooks to the hitch and that the previous wire mentioned plugs into(see attached picture).

With this I should have taillights and brake lights, but no turn signals or reverse lights, correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
You might have park light but you won't have brake or turn signals.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So to get brake lights, I will have to do your converter mod or go all out and get the new fuse box, right?

·
Registered
40 Posts
3fittyZ said:
So to get brake lights, I will have to do your converter mod or go all out and get the new fuse box, right?
As far as I know yes, I have yet to find a different way (not that I am looking anymore now that mine is done). That converter that I used was very easy to do and was cheap. If I ever need to remove it (for what ever reason I could take it out in about 15 minutes) and now that I have done it I could do another one in less than 2 hours including installing the hitch. So if ya like come on by and I will help you set it up ??? but the amount it would cost you gas you could get the dealer to replace all the stock parts and have it setup like the factory. :banghead:

If you ever installed a car stereo you can install this no problem. :thumb:

·
Registered
46 Posts
help me stop the shaking! I installed a hitch and a bike rack. BUT there seems to be some extra space in the hitch connecting the bike rack causing it to shake back and forth when driving. I haven't seen other bike racks attached to the hitch shake like mine. What can I do to stop the shaking.

·
Registered
275 Posts
paid36 said:
help me stop the shaking! I installed a hitch and a bike rack. BUT there seems to be some extra space in the hitch connecting the bike rack causing it to shake back and forth when driving. I haven't seen other bike racks attached to the hitch shake like mine. What can I do to stop the shaking.
Buy the right size hitch to fit the bike rack / buy the right size bike rack to fit the hitch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts