GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I know this topic has been beaten to death but here it goes. I have a 08 GMC Acadia 2wd with no towing provisions. I recently installed a GM hitch. As far as I've read on here the 08 without trailer provisions have no wiring at the rear for a 7 pin plug. As far as I'm concerned I'm going to tap into all the lights in the rear ( Left and Right Signal, Taillight, brake light, and then take a wire from the battery for constant battery so I can charge my battery on my tent trailer ( 1600 lbs. ) while driving. There is a plug just in front of the spare tire on the drivers side. Does anyone know what that is for?? There are two connectors going into it. Then in front of it there is a spare rectangular plug with three male leads leading out of it and that's it. Its about an inch and a half wide. Once I installed the trailer hitch I took the tent trailer for a short tour around my county and it felt like there was nothing there. I didn't even think I was towing anything. As much information you guys could give me would great. Thanks your time.

Travis
[/color]

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
From past readings here; tapping into the rear lights could cause them to fail because they are LED's; they could burn out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts